First "Shoot" with a "model"

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I convinced my buddys friend to let me take a few shots today for a little practice for a senior shoot i have on saturday. it was really windy out and cold lol. c&c would be greatly appreciated

2r3bdj4.jpg

21v912.jpg

2z880hy.jpg

34rd7dg.jpg

this one was for fun
2638pxi.jpg

Last edited:
I like 2 & 3 the light on her face is nice.

thank you. it was tough due to the wind and for some reason, 4 of our friends showed up randomly which was a distraction lol. I hope my shoot on saturday goes well. I think I'm stressing more than she is haha

I like 1, 2, & 3.

Like mentioned, the light is good and the focus is right on.

whew, this is making me feel a little better. thank you! anything i should work on? i have looked at posing charts and stuff but feel awkward telling them what to do haha

I can't really offer you much critique but I really like the way #2 came out BUT.. I think you should fill more of the frame with her, less with the surroundings. Unless you're shooting against a really beautiful landscape like a rocky beach with lighthouse or something..

Don't be afraid to position (or tell them how to stand) your victim either, keep their shoulders back, etc. The poses in 2 and 3 work nicely. Lighting and pose-wise, #2 is the most flattering for her I think.

I like #4 the best. Just watch your model, her pant leg is raised up and showing the skin. ... #5 is a little over exposed in spots (chest and right hand) and under in others (left hand and right side of face). Some lighting would have made this not only a nice photo but a nice idea. I like #2 over #3... #3 DOF isn't as nice as #2 and her shirt is a little distracting at the bottom. #1 I like a lot... Would like the eyes to pop a bit more but pleasing too the eye. I like the way your subject is framed in all of them (other than #3). Over all... Nice job.

To me the shots look pretty great, i just keep finding my eyes draw to her beaded necklace on all the shots, by far the last one is my fav just needs more lighting

thank you everyone! me and her aren't the greatest friends and she was kinda "this is weird" about the whole thing. the girl on sat is a pretty good friend so im looking forward to it. she is excited as well. and i will have more time with her and it will be more relaxed i have a sb600, umbrella, and reflector to work with. how im going to do it all by myself is another thing haha.

i think based on the feedback so far, since i havent gotten a "THESE SUCK" yet, i am feeling better about the upcoming shoot.

edit- 5 is lit weird cuz i think my friend moved the reflector lol. it was a last minute "get me in that tree" thing haha

I feel awkward with telling people how to pose as well. I guess it's something you just get use to over time.

For things to work on, do you have any strobes? I would think off camera lighting would be your next move for more professional pics.

my light was off camera lol. i had my sb600 in a shoot through umbrella. it did make a big difference, but the off camera flash thing is new to me lol

Ah well I that explains the quality of the light :lol:
I read the exif data and saw that the flash didn't fire, so I thought you had pulled it off on natural light (except for the tree one which looked PS'd).

ohhh so it really isnt that good since i used a flash? lol.

the tree one isnt photoshopped, but i can see how it looks it haha.

here's one of the first shots taken. no lighting or anything. sorry for the rotation, but you get the point lol
5xveqv.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back