First "Shoot" with a "model"

Hey Tyler, I remember when you first joined TPF and had just got your first camera, which wasn't that long ago. Well you've obviously come a very long way since then, these photos are really good. The lighting is good and I think you've done very well with the model - the fact that you don't know her very well doesn't seem to show through too much in the photos, and the shots seem to show personality. The positioning doesn't look awkward in any of the shots. I'd love it if my first shoot with a model (when I get around to trying it) turns out this well!

<3 # 2.

I agree about filling more of the frame though!
Agreed...
telling people what to do--how to pose... awkward..lol Something i cant get over just yet.

Good job on the photo shoot! post the senior pics when you get them! Good luck!

I like #2 a lot. However, it's the only one I would say is great, the rest are just OK.

That's only my opinion, keep up the great work.

I do like #2 and #3 the most. Great pics!

How about the last one with your SB600 behind her in three? just for fun.

thanks everyone, to be 100% honest, i wasnt concerned with her expression lol. Me and her once hated eachother and this was the first we spoke in months. so i was happy she agreed to it.

dom, that article was nice to read. i only have 1 sb600. but i might "rent" one to see what i can come up with. i think setting up 2 flashes would be easier than setting up one and working a reflector lol.

I think you did a really good job. None of the posing looks stiff or awkward. I cant wait to see how your senior shoot goes. Dont be afraid to direct poses etc. I think it helps the models so much. I was married recently had one proffesional photographer on my day and we had an at home reception a month later and a friend of mine trying to break into wedding photography did some shots for us. She didnt do a lot of direction and that was one thing that made it awkward for us. We have no clue how to pose. Good luck this weekend and most importantly HAVE FUN. :sexywink:

So, I convinced my buddys friend to let me take a few shots today for a little practice for a senior shoot i have on saturday. it was really windy out and cold lol. c&c would be greatly appreciated

2r3bdj4.jpg

21v912.jpg

2z880hy.jpg

34rd7dg.jpg

this one was for fun
2638pxi.jpg

Here are my two cents, the sun positioning vs the model is perfect as a matter of fact you see her hair light up. Now you need to get yourself a bounce card (Styrofoam or a reflector ) to soften features on the face. On #3 it looks like you used the pop up flash from the camera to use as a fill and for that reason we see the different in color temperature. With a good size reflector you will have better even color spread and more flattering portraits...

i have an umbrella and a reflector. no need for a bounce card right? anyways, just got this message on my facebook:

Hi Tyler,
You did an awesome job taking my daughters pictures. I would love to have 8 by 10s made up..can you do that for me..let me know what the cost would be..thank you so much..Kathy

did not expect that from a practice shoot lol

Overall good stuff. But I agree with others before on filling the frame more. This goes along with that in pay attention to framing while you're shooting.

#1 you just barely cut out her arm
#2 you cut more of her arm off
#4 the crop is tighter than I personally would like at the bottom (her foot isn't cut off, but it looks to me like it's touching the frame of the photo)

Good work and I hope this helps!

That damn lip ring ruins all the pictures for me.

hey, that's her though. i dont believe in dressing up in a style that doesn't reflect you for pictures. my senior pics were taken in a hoodie and jeans lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back