First shots with Canon Rebel XS

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First shots with my Canon Rebel XS using 18-55mm lens. Just walked around the neighborhood. Tell me what you think. C&C welcome!!! thanks!

3705269195_ea287fc3a8.jpg
3706076224_d5d8a9f751.jpg
3706076170_529ce93ba0.jpg
3705269045_5e7546d8a9.jpg
3705268941_2713158fba.jpg
3706075800_b340d65f9b.jpg

Put some space between the shots so they don't bunch up like that.

Too many pictures for C&C.

not bad i think a macro lens would make you happy with flower pics

opps! sorry for the clutter. first time posting pics! :p

Dude, you gotta separate the images from one another...right now it's just one big mess to look at.

I can't give any constructive C&C, but I will say that your photos are turning out better than mine. I just got my XSi this week and am having trouble getting anything near the quality of exposure and composition of your pics. Nice start.

Are you shooting in one of the creative modes?

I can't give any constructive C&C, but I will say that your photos are turning out better than mine. I just got my XSi this week and am having trouble getting anything near the quality of exposure and composition of your pics. Nice start.

Are you shooting in one of the creative modes?

i jus used the "close up" mode for my pics

try shooting in the creative mode part. It will definitely separate you from point and shoot camera shooters.

try shooting in P mode first, its the creative "basic" mode. just to ease the transition. but definitely try the others

Read this for reference

composition wise, its ok.

Last edited:
I like the unusual angle of the bottom right pic (building and sky as a background to a flower shot). Get the second rose in the frame for a nice composition :).

I like the second pic the best, the lighting in the others seems really harsh.

Most reactions

Back