First Snowy of My Winter

PJM

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not great but I did my best here. She was pretty far away with her back to me against a bright sky. The sun was just to the right out of frame. This is a 1.6x crop shot at 500mm on a DX camera. She peeked back over her shoulder and I snapped this. Still, it was a good day to be out and see her.
DSC_2664.jpg

They're very beautiful owls, thanks for sharing, Pete. Wish we had them.

-

First the Canada Goose and then the Snowy… our invasion
of the space under the 49th parallel is following to plan.
rofl.gif

Did you know that the snowy is the avian emblem of Québec?
We have enough Canada Geese here to keep the Snowy at bay for quite some time.

No, I did not know that.

Nice shot. I first saw live snowy in the winter of 1963. I was stationed in the USAF at Griffiss AFB in Rome NY. I was off base in town at night and ran into a hullabaloo. All sorts of townsfolks were stirring around some with high-powered flashlights. When I followed their beams they were illuminating a snowy sitting on the parapet of a four-story brick building. I was amazed at how beautiful and surprised how big it was. Unfortunately, no pictures. But what a great bird.

Nice shot. I first saw live snowy in the winter of 1963. I was stationed in the USAF at Griffiss AFB in Rome NY. I was off base in town at night and ran into a hullabaloo. All sorts of townsfolks were stirring around some with high-powered flashlights. When I followed their beams they were illuminating a snowy sitting on the parapet of a four-story brick building. I was amazed at how beautiful and surprised how big it was. Unfortunately, no pictures. But what a great bird.
Thank you. They really are quite beautiful.

Most reactions

Back