First steps in stage photography

oskiper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here so please be gentle! LOL

I`m getting started at stage photography in Buenos Aires covering theatre plays for a friend`s art review site.

As these are my very begginings I`m on a really tight budget so please bare in mind my gear when you see my photos. One of the problems I had to solve is the lightning issue, as you may know, stage photography has a very low light condition which get even worse if you have in mind I only have an old Canon 1100D with a 18-55 and a 50-250 lenses EFS lenses.

Therefore, I'm forced to work under high ISO sensibility (6400 ISO most of the times). Please feel free to look at my photos and provide feedback. You can be as mean as you want as I only want to improve so I won´t mind :)

You'll notice a lot of space in some of my photos as the plays producers asks me to provide some space for text so they can use my photos for online flyers.

miniweb.jpg

Pessoa-written-on-his-behalf.jpg

Magic-Flute.jpg

I like these. I think you did a great job. It proves you don't have to have the latest and greatest to get nice art. The first one is really nice as well as interesting. The puppeteer and/or man is looking at the puppet like it has a soul. The only thing I see that I would consider altering is in the third one, upper right corner has a drape hanging into the frame and I would probably clone that out. Well done and hope to see more.

I like these. I think you did a great job. It proves you don't have to have the latest and greatest to get nice art. The first one is really nice as well as interesting. The puppeteer and/or man is looking at the puppet like it has a soul. The only thing I see that I would consider altering is in the third one, upper right corner has a drape hanging into the frame and I would probably clone that out. Well done and hope to see more.

Thank you very, very much! The puppeteer's photo is called "La mirada del creador" (The eyes of the maker) ;)
Regarding the last one, you're right! I should`ve cloned that out now that I see it. This one will be diplayed at the Konex theatre in Buenos Aires this week as part of an art display. I´ll edit it before it's too late.

Thank you very, very much! The puppeteer's photo is called "La mirada del creador" (The eyes of the maker) ;)
Regarding the last one, you're right! I should`ve cloned that out now that I see it. This one will be diplayed at the Konex theatre in Buenos Aires this week as part of an art display. I´ll edit it before it's too late.

Wow! Congratulations! You must be super excited. You should get a favorable response in your art show.

Wow! Congratulations! You must be super excited. You should get a favorable response in your art show.

You can't imagine how much! LOL... It´s all very strange. I bought my camera in January 2015, as soon as I bought it my ex girlfriend broke the shutter trying to "clean the sensor" (long story) so I first started using it by mid June once I could afford to buy a whole new shutter mechanism... Those were my very first steps in photography, I started by watching an awesome online photo lesson from a spanish university and here I am now. Just to damn fast to be true!

As a beginner, I am impressed. I would not be surprised if some of the experts on here chime in with some further direction. Good group of people on here that give solid advise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Given your gear, this is excellent work! I would love to see what you could do with a couple of pro bodies and some super-fast lenses. If you're turning out this level of work on the most basic kit, you don't need my help!

Given your gear, this is excellent work! I would love to see what you could do with a couple of pro bodies and some super-fast lenses. If you're turning out this level of work on the most basic kit, you don't need my help!

OMG! thanks a lot! I would love to jump to a 6D and a couple of AF 2.8 lenses, in the meantime I´ll have to stick to what I have, Thanks a lot for your feedback mate

Very great! Stage isn't easy at all, you got some great shots here, kudos!

Very great! Stage isn't easy at all, you got some great shots here, kudos!

Thanks! I´m barely getting started in photography (seven months ago I didn´t even know how to use a DSLR) But I love it!. I´ll keep working until I get the photos that I want lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back