First studio shots - an executive from work.

keith204

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I ordered two alienbees, a softbox, paper backdrops, etc last week. They came in and of course upon my work hearing about this, they needed a quick shot of an executive for some magazines and news articles across the nation! Whew, the pressure is on!

My goal: to make shoots like this better and better - as I will be doing this on a regular basis now. When they need a quick studio shot of somebody, I am now the go-to man in the company.

Please give advice on what you like and what you don't.

You can see all the pictures at http://www.w3bolivar.com/lr/andy/

IMG_8499.jpg

IMG_8505_1.jpg

IMG_8498.jpg

IMG_8509_Edit_Edit.jpg

IMG_8522.jpg

IMG_8539.jpg

There are more I'd like to show you, but don't want to overload this thread. http://www.w3bolivar.com/lr/andy/

Tell me what I can do to make future shoots better and better. Being my first time with studio equipment, there's plenty of room to improve.

I think these turned out great! The lighting is nice although I think the lighting in #1 is slightly better than #3? I love the orange background, its different. The last one is the best IMO.

Congrats on the new job at your job, lol. Thats very cool.
I like these but i know you are wanting some CC
I love the lighting in the first one. Very nice. I think it needs some sharpening although that could be a web thing. I also think that since you chopped his fingers you could stand to make this one a head and shoulders shot although he won't notice that at all.

In the second his pose is kind of unflattering because it pushes down under his belly and makes it look sort of unflattering, do you know what I mean?

The orange one brings out a lot of red tones in his skin so I might take care of that in PP.

There is a lot of empty space in that white one and to me personally I hate vignettes on white but thats just me so ignore me on that. ;)

and the last one is cool, nice bokeh but he has no catchlights in his eyes, making him look sort of bored, a reflector can so some AWESOME things!

Good job overall and keep going, it's cool that they have trusted youto do that for them and they are better than a lot I have seen. :) Hope I have been helpful.

Congrats on the new job at your job, lol. Thats very cool.
I like these but i know you are wanting some CC
I love the lighting in the first one. Very nice. I think it needs some sharpening although that could be a web thing. I also think that since you chopped his fingers you could stand to make this one a head and shoulders shot although he won't notice that at all.

In the second his pose is kind of unflattering because it pushes down under his belly and makes it look sort of unflattering, do you know what I mean?

The orange one brings out a lot of red tones in his skin so I might take care of that in PP.

There is a lot of empty space in that white one and to me personally I hate vignettes on white but thats just me so ignore me on that. ;)

and the last one is cool, nice bokeh but he has no catchlights in his eyes, making him look sort of bored, a reflector can so some AWESOME things!

Good job overall and keep going, it's cool that they have trusted youto do that for them and they are better than a lot I have seen. :) Hope I have been helpful.

Thanks for the great advice - it's really all good and I will pay attention to these things next time. For the last one, I had a reflector, but the kid who was helping me ran off to the playground :)

Great advice, thanks so much.

Most reactions

Back