First time posting for CC!

nice pics! i love the watermark too!

your individual shots are much stronger than your group shots....

the first shot, i like the concept, however, it think you would have made use of the tracks by having them walking on them, holding hands, maybe dad holding the youngest...

the second shot, whether the girls are posiitioned more to one side or not, it still looks like their parents are standing on them and it just doesnt work for me.

for the shots of the girls on their own...very well done...nice comp and post processing. I like that you have brought it close to the edge, without blowing it out and your eyes are spot on.....nicely sharpened without going overboard and making them appear fake like too many child togs do.

good job overall....my suggestion would be to work on posing groups

I REALLY like the idea of the one with the little girls and their parents behind them, and I am positive they loved it. I htink maybe if you try to get on the ground at the same level as the girls and back up so they're all in the frame, leaving room of course for larger size cropping, that would be a totally cool shot! If you don't mind I might try that one day. ;)
Again nice shots I love them and I like your post processing on them. :)

THank you, Kim! Checking out your site and seeing that you do loads of weddings and families, I'll happily take your cc on posing groups :) Actually I know this is my weakest area!

THank you Kathi! I'm going to try that shot again, too, as I've seen it done amazingly! When you try it, please post so that we can see! ;-)

Anelle

i think they're all great

Do not stress about the group shots :) Any seasoned photographer knows family shots are a lot harder than individual shots, that's to be expected. Truthfully I think they're all wonderful and you should be very proud. I really like your family shots- great job.

Anelle, you did a great job!!
I love the shot with the parents behind the kids.

They are wonderful...I love the second shot of the family. What type of lens were you using?

I really thought that all of the pictures were great...with one exception. Where you've placed the watermark in all of the pictures is right on the main focal point of the photo. I think this promotes more (cheesy) advertisement of yourself than the art of the photo.

I'm a watermark on the borders kinda guy and rather than sellin' yourself, let the photos sell themselves.

Really fantastic shots and intriguing creativity however! Just one minor detail that bugged me in each shot.

Thanks Becky and Fally!

Fally, I used to be a watermark on the borders kinda gal, until someone "helped" themselves to one of my photos, cropped out most of the watermark, cloned out the rest and passed it off as her own! Since then I'm a smack-dab-right-in-the-middle-of-the-focal-point-where-it-can't-be-cropped-out kinda gal!

I do very little advertising via the net (I live in a small town with slow connection speed), most of mine is WOM, so I'm not too concerned about coming across as cheesy in advertising myself!

The photos on my website don't have the watermark as it is a flash site, but they sure do on my blog!

Thanks for the compliments on the pics, though!

Anelle

Most reactions

Back