First time setting up a studio style portrait (outside of my house)

Let us know how it went Ron.

Kathy, it went really well. I had about 20 Mom's that I took photos of. I worked my butt off for about an hour to hour and a half. But I had a BLAST. I am going to leave them all with the blue background that was natural instead of making it black with a burn layer and risk the halo.

I have started the editing and I am pleased with the results so far. I'll post a few pictures soon.

Kathy, it went really well. I had about 20 Mom's that I took photos of. I worked my butt off for about an hour to hour and a half. But I had a BLAST. I am going to leave them all with the blue background that was natural instead of making it black with a burn layer and risk the halo.

I have started the editing and I am pleased with the results so far. I'll post a few pictures soon.
Good. I am glad it went well, and most important that you had fun. I am exhausted too. My sessions today were all boudoir. Four at one time. I don't know how you men do it. Look at half naked women all day...I am wiped out! :)

Good. I am glad it went well, and most important that you had fun. I am exhausted too. My sessions today were all boudoir. Four at one time. I don't know how you men do it. Look at half naked women all day...I am wiped out! :)

I don't do that type of photography, so I don't know how to do it either.

I tried it once at a customer's request. She turned up with this AWFUL cheap and nasty lace thing and "Facebook pouted" through the whole session. Never again!

I tried it once at a customer's request. She turned up with this AWFUL cheap and nasty lace thing and "Facebook pouted" through the whole session. Never again!
I try to control it as much as humanly possible. I discuss in detail wardrobe before hand and I arrange professional hair and makeup for the session. So it works out really well. I always give them a password protected sample gallery to view before booking me so they can get an idea of what my idea of "boudoir" is.

Kathy, still working on the others, but here is the one of my wife and kids (they got to go first, before everyone got there and my boy got dirty).

Good job Ron. Everyone looks evenly lit. They all have light in their eyes. The composition is really nice. It might look a bit cool but I am not on my calibrated monitor to know for sure. Very good image overall though. I am sure the other families will be very appreciative.

Good job Ron. Everyone looks evenly lit. They all have light in their eyes. The composition is really nice. It might look a bit cool but I am not on my calibrated monitor to know for sure. Very good image overall though. I am sure the other families will be very appreciative.

Thanks Kathy. I have been looking at that and keep going back and forth with the cool vs warmth on these. Using the eyes to set wb, seems to warm them up too much. These are all set at about 3600, I may have to try about 4000.

I like the blue background better than the black - but Im sure the wrinkles are what caused you to use a burn layer (cause thats what I do). Im not a photoshop pro, but Im sure theres some way to fix.

I agree to make it a touch warmer, but it looks fine way it is. This was a really good job.

Yes Bone Puddle, that is why I did burn the first one. I'm going to leave the others as blue and I will try the warmer wb this evening to see if that is better.

Thank you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back