What's new

First try at portrait photography, c & c welcome

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
648
Reaction score
5
Location
Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As you may or may not know, I shoot mostly street and architecture photos. I've really wanted to try portrait photography for some time now but I'm finding it really hard to get people to let me photograph them. Mostly because I'm too shy to ask mind you. But yesterday during an outing, ask I did. It's a long story so I won't put you back to sleep after just getting up on a Sunday, but here's the shot. I'm also including some pet photography samples.

1.
LittleIndia-329-EDIT2.jpg


2.
LittleIndia-466-EDIT2.jpg


3.
CAT-EDIT.jpg
 
#1 is intresting. It kinda grabs me and keeps me looking at it. I dont know why i see this and no offence to you or the models in any way, I think it would have a large impact if she wasnt smiling. Almost as if you could see it hanging in a haunted house. THEY are not scary its just what you can feel for the mood. Im odd i know but I do like it indeed!
I like the urban enviroment on the pit. Pits are great expressional (sp) dogs.
 
Thanks stormchase. I see what you mean about her smiling. If I'd been more comfortable with them I would have asked them to try a few different poses. I agree about Pits. They can be very photogenic.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom