First Upload-Air Show C&C plz

Gopherkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This was my first air show ever, and it was also my first experience shooting just the sky.

IMG_1326.jpg

This is the orig file with no editing, so I was really happy with the snap itself. Just disapointed with the exposure.

Heres a few more from that weekend. C&C would be great. Im quickly figuring out how difficult action shots can really be.

IMG_1217.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1301.jpg

C&C per req: Welcome, nice work. For the most part you've got some good captures, but you've suffered a couple of issues. The first image is rather underexposed, and the last one rather over-exposed. Always be careful that you're metering the aircraft and not the sky. Also you've got some dust on your sensor that could usse a cleaning.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.

~John

i think that third shot has great potential with some pp work!!

Thanks! As far as the exposure, should I have been in manual mode? I was trading off between TV and AV, and those jets were really close. They were going close to 600 mph at times so it was frantic trying to get shots in. When I panned accross the sky the lighting changes so much when your pointing east one sec then west. Any advice?

Assuming a half-way bright day, I would have set the camera to shutter priority and used a speed of 1/500 of a second. That will freeze any movement, and at those distances, DoF isn't really a consideration. Manual has its uses, but so do those other modes, and using a semi-or fully automatic mode does not make you any less a photographer, no matter what some might say!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back