First Upload to Forum

AngryBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just found out about this amazing forum and I don't know how I've not known about it til now. I'm hoping that this will be the first of many :D

DSC_0026 by AngryBombs, on Flickr

DSC_0012 by AngryBombs, on Flickr

I took these today and am hoping for some tips next time I shoot. I am using a Nikon d3100 with a kit lens and wide angle attachment(lame I know.) :p

Last edited:
There are no images?!?! You can't actually upload directly to the forum! Its easy if you upload some images on flickr then go to the share button. Grab the html/bbcode (make sure you have the bbcode) and copy and paste here.

Lol, sorry i was experimenting with sizes when you posted. It should be up as of right now :)

Can you link us to what kind of wide angle attachment you are using?The vignetting most likely due to the 'wide angle attachment' are very distracting to the pictures.

Forget about the wide angle attachment since it's giving you heavy vignetting is my tip. If you need the wide angle, go for a lens designed for wide angles.

The first shot is soft and there is no real subject, so i'd trash it. The second is composed well and the exposure is good, but it just doesn't do anything for me. I would have focused on the childs face instead--that would have made the image more compelling imo.

The 2nd image would've been better if the child was actually holding the toy! I've seen some amazing pictures composed where the child is holding an object, which is in focus, but the child is not!

Welcome!

I like #1. What would you call that, reverse panning? :D

Just a quick edit

310667_10150882401260322_425924260321_21196339_232180041_n.jpg

Last edited:
Lol, i was actually trying to get the child to try and grab it, but she couldn't understand what I meant. I thought it would be more interesting for the toy to be in focus because it would show how the child would want to have the toy. Like product advertisement. haha it was for the lulz. The attachment i used was Amazon.com: .. 0.42x HD Super Wide Angle Panoramic Macro Fisheye Lens For The Nikon D3100, D7000 Digital SLR Camera Which Have Any Of These (18-55mm, 55-200mm, 50mm) Nikon Lenses: Camera & Photo. IMO i thought that the vignetting was kinda cool and unique in a way, but whatever haha. I'll try to not have it in. Also most of these pictures are before processing and before i've done anything on photoshop :p

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
In general I think you don't want to lose your image with a vignette, instead of using black and cutting it out try using a layer cut out the middle and inverse than select adjustments curves so you're darkening the image and not just slapping black paint over it... But everyone has their own style and some pros use the black paint approach.

Ohh, i've never really thought of doing that. Thanks and ill try to apply it next time.

Most reactions

Back