First venture out with my camera

RM041986

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took a few hours to day to relax and go out for the first time with my new camera. We have a lot of slate and quarry's around here. so i figured that would be a nice place to start. was kind of an overcast day for the 2nd half.

Drippingicepond.jpg

slantedtree.jpg

3. Thought this would be ironic since the pond wasn't frozen
iceskating.jpg

bigiceycliff.jpg

iceycliffs.jpg

farmland.jpg

7.kinda random but it was flying over:D
airplane.jpg

so how did i do my first time?:thumbup: :thumbdown: ?

It may be my monitor...but they all look too dark/under exposed.

Same here^

Although I like the composition of some of them They are also too dark for me.I know my monitor is ok.Try to lighten them in photoshop.

Its not that there under or over exposed. It just looks to me that you need to post process. Brightness / Contrast ect. other then that you got some good captures here. Very good start.

What camers r u using?

i have a sony cyber shot H2.... well like i said it was a dark cloudy day so it was hard to make it bright without getting overexposure. I will ps them though i just wanted to post how they came out without any touch ups.

ok since this is my favorite picture i adjusted the bright/contrast. hows it look now?
Drippingicepond2-1.jpg

edit- and heres the rest now
slantedtree-1.jpg

park-1.jpg

iceyquarry-1.jpg

iceskating-1.jpg

farmland-1.jpg

iceycliffs-1.jpg

It's still a little dark...but if that's what you are going for...then that's OK too.

That sky looks pretty blue in that last shot for it to be a cloudy day like you said

I like the composition, but, as it's been mentioned, they look too dark.

Which is fine, most (actually, more like all) shots don't come out perfect, and need adjusting in PS.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back