First Wedding Coming Up!!!

hizzer87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have my first wedding coming up in September. I'm pretty much stuck with the two cameras I have at the moment; Nikon D80 and Olympus E510. Working with a Nikon 18-135 lens a Sigma 75-300 for the nikon lenses and for the Olympus I have a 14-42mm 40-150mm 50mm 1.8 and a 70-200 f/4. Both cameras are limited with what they can do and the glass isn't the best. My budget is extremely tight (Fiance is a stay at home mom, currently, and I'm working like a dog, lol.) so I can't really buy any new equipment. Really looking for some good advice on how to approach this and how to make the best of it with what I have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

AlexanderB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nothing wrong with your equipment, but you may also need a flash. Keep ISO maximum at 400 to get good results from these cameras.

Dinardy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Ive never shot a wedding professionally butIi can tell you flash is going to be important. I would try renting an off camera flash.

o hey tyler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
If you're getting paid for this I would at least rent some more capable gear. At least one full frame body and a 50/1.8

Mach0

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
If you're getting paid for this I would at least rent some more capable gear. At least one full frame body and a 50/1.8

X2. At the very minimum rent some fast glass and capable lighting.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Renting is a good option when you've got a tight budget.

tirediron

Watch the Birdy!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.johnsphotography.ca
Photos OK to edit
Find out what the photography rules are at the venue and tailor your equipment toward that. In other words, if flash is allowed, rent a couple of GOOD speedlights and beg/borrow/steal some modifiers. If flash isn't allowed (very often the case) then you will need to rent at least one good, high-ISO capable body (D700/800 minimum).

Most reactions

New Topics