First Wedding Coming Up!!!

hizzer87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have my first wedding coming up in September. I'm pretty much stuck with the two cameras I have at the moment; Nikon D80 and Olympus E510. Working with a Nikon 18-135 lens a Sigma 75-300 for the nikon lenses and for the Olympus I have a 14-42mm 40-150mm 50mm 1.8 and a 70-200 f/4. Both cameras are limited with what they can do and the glass isn't the best. My budget is extremely tight (Fiance is a stay at home mom, currently, and I'm working like a dog, lol.) so I can't really buy any new equipment. Really looking for some good advice on how to approach this and how to make the best of it with what I have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Nothing wrong with your equipment, but you may also need a flash. Keep ISO maximum at 400 to get good results from these cameras.

Ive never shot a wedding professionally butIi can tell you flash is going to be important. I would try renting an off camera flash.

If you're getting paid for this I would at least rent some more capable gear. At least one full frame body and a 50/1.8

If you're getting paid for this I would at least rent some more capable gear. At least one full frame body and a 50/1.8

X2. At the very minimum rent some fast glass and capable lighting.

Renting is a good option when you've got a tight budget.

Find out what the photography rules are at the venue and tailor your equipment toward that. In other words, if flash is allowed, rent a couple of GOOD speedlights and beg/borrow/steal some modifiers. If flash isn't allowed (very often the case) then you will need to rent at least one good, high-ISO capable body (D700/800 minimum).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back