Fisheye consternation

Scurra

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been thinking about saving up for a fisheye lens for a while for my 20D, but i'm unwilling to spend the amounts the Canon models go for.

Has anyone had any experience of the Zenitar fisheye lenses? and if so are they worth the money, and will the magnification factor caused by the small 20d sensor kill the effect?

Thanks in advance,

hi ya mate, not used one of those so can't say what they are like.

Sigma now do a fisheye that is for cropped sensors like your 20D, its a 10mm lens so will you the effect of the lens I had at the meetup on a fullframe camera, but price is about £400

I've been thinking about saving up for a fisheye lens for a while for my 20D, but i'm unwilling to spend the amounts the Canon models go for.

Has anyone had any experience of the Zenitar fisheye lenses? and if so are they worth the money, and will the magnification factor caused by the small 20d sensor kill the effect?

Thanks in advance,

I have been looking at this lens for my GX-10 and it's not much of a fisheye with the crop factor. If you really want the fisheye effect the Pentax 10-17 is pretty much the only option.... pretty expensive for a specialty lens.
The zenitar 16mm has great reviews, apparently it's quite sharp and fun to play around with if you buy it as a wide angle prime with a little extra distortion.
It's defenelty my next investment...

Most reactions

Back