Fisheye Lens Help?

lol...VI, you are shot out of a cannon the past few days.

things ok?

MY camera is broke, my iPhone is smashed into a million little pieces and the married girl with the boyfriend won't even look at me after the other night.

Don't call it a comeback.

:grumpy::thumbup::mrgreen:

Edit: But on a good note, I discovered the Brutal Hammer.

sorry to hear about it.
i had to look up what a brutal hammer was, and threw up in my mouth a little. brutal is a good word for it.

and yes, you're right, i left out the crop factor.:thumbup:

lol...VI, you are shot out of a cannon the past few days.

things ok?

MY camera is broke, my iPhone is smashed into a million little pieces and the married girl with the boyfriend won't even look at me after the other night.

:grumpy::thumbup::mrgreen:

Edit: But on a good note, I discovered the Brutal Hammer.

sorry to hear about it.
i had to look up what a brutal hammer was, and threw up in my mouth a little. brutal is a good word for it.

and yes, you're right, i left out the crop factor.:thumbup:

Other than the camera and the phone, it was a good week.

And the Hammer was mighty tasty. Thank you Ernest Hemmingway.

And if my math skills(calculator) serve me right, that's 15.84mm. That's good for a fish. Canons is what, 16mm? 15mm? I have it and I can't even remember.

true true. but i mean, i CAN'T save money because i have no way of earning it. i am only fifteen and i don't have a job so i can't save any money. plus, my parents wont participate in buying a really expensive lens so my dad says that its either this or nothing..

Get a job. Shut up. Just do it.

The reviews on the 7mm Vivitar are favorable for a fullly manual lens.
getting a job isnt that easy right now... im turning 17 in just a few days and have applied to places all year long (on and off of course) and managed to just get a few interviews.

Yeah Im in the same boat as you dana, I also am not old enough to work. But I have been saving up Christmas money, birthday, and what ever else( and the little money from doing portraits from friends). And I am glad I saved up to buy half way decent glass. It seemed really expensive at the time but after a while you realize that it was worth it because you got that shot you wanted and the quality is great (well good at least).

And the fallout on that wide angle sorta looks like a lens baby!

true true. but i mean, i CAN'T save money because i have no way of earning it. i am only fifteen and i don't have a job so i can't save any money. plus, my parents wont participate in buying a really expensive lens so my dad says that its either this or nothing..

Get a job. Shut up. Just do it.

The reviews on the 7mm Vivitar are favorable for a fullly manual lens.
getting a job isnt that easy right now... im turning 17 in just a few days and have applied to places all year long (on and off of course) and managed to just get a few interviews.

Use your camera!

1. MY camera is broke,
2. my iPhone is smashed into a million little pieces
3. the married girl with the boyfriend won't even look at me after the other night.

4. Edit: But on a good note, I discovered the Brutal Hammer.

1. Excellent reason to upgrade!
2. iPhones suck. Expensive phones that still don't even work well as a phone!
3. meh, you were too good for her anyways. Plenty free fish in the sea!

4. I've sometimes *so* wanted to use the famous ***** slap on some people here (wish I knew what it was in real life :lol: ) but I just point them to the nearest brick wall and suggest they go pound their heads on that instead for a while. It may improve their outlook and is easier overall.

And no, its not a comeback... but its a heck of a brutally funny way to be. Get well soon, bud... when life gives you lemons... make lemonade and dump a lot of vodka in it!! :)

1. MY camera is broke,
2. my iPhone is smashed into a million little pieces
3. the married girl with the boyfriend won't even look at me after the other night.

4. Edit: But on a good note, I discovered the Brutal Hammer.

1. Excellent reason to upgrade!
2. iPhones suck. Expensive phones that still don't even work well as a phone!
3. meh, you were too good for her anyways. Plenty free fish in the sea!

4. I've sometimes *so* wanted to use the famous ***** slap on some people here (wish I knew what it was in real life :lol: ) but I just point them to the nearest brick wall and suggest they go pound their heads on that instead for a while. It may improve their outlook and is easier overall.

And no, its not a comeback... but its a heck of a brutally funny way to be. Get well soon, bud... when life gives you lemons... make lemonade and dump a lot of vodka in it!! :)

1. 5D MKII. Time for an HD-50?
2. No they don't. I used google maps and called some sushi joints in Japan to settle a dispute about "Moshi Moshi" or "Kanichiwa".
3. That's bragging rights.

4. Brutal Hammer = Ernest Hemmingway's creation of vodka and wine.

I hate citrus. When life gives me lemons, I go buy something that tastes better.

Edit: Steak! I did have a 16lb hunk of steak this weekend.

Anyways. Fish Eye lenses rock. Canon's is amazing.

Seriously? People are just trying to give you the best advice possible, which is to save up and buy a quality lens. I'm 17, going into my senior year, applying to college and for an ROTC scholarship, scheduling shoots with models, and I have 3 (THREE!) jobs. Thats right, 3 jobs at the age of 17. And you know what? I work 8 hours a day 6 days a week and its been totally worth it. I just bought myself a 50D and 70-200 f/2.8L last week because I knew what I wanted and saved for it. You have to do the same, you cant expect mommy and daddy to buy everything expensive for you. Good luck and I really hope you do get what you want :).

ahh i didn't go on here for like THREE days and i get all of this haha.
it really isn't that easy to get a job.
first of all, i lost my social security card so i have to go to the place and get a new one just so i can apply for a job.. no one says i'm going to get it though.
and second of all, if i DO get a job, i can't just save all of it for a lens. i would want to buy clothes and such and other things that are important to me. [like going to shows and buying food. i NEED food haha]
and if i get a job, my mom wont help me with ANYTHING. she already told me that the day i get a job, she's just going to stop helping me with everything that i need. even if i need like 5 bucks for gum or whatever.
but yeah, thats my situation! :D

first of all, i lost my social security card so i have to go to the place and get a new one just so i can apply for a job.. no one says i'm going to get it though.
and second of all, if i DO get a job, i can't just save all of it for a lens. i would want to buy clothes and such and other things that are important to me. [like going to shows and buying food. i NEED food haha]
and if i get a job, my mom wont help me with ANYTHING. she already told me that the day i get a job, she's just going to stop helping me with everything that i need. even if i need like 5 bucks for gum or whatever.

1) Quit the pessimist attitude. If you're pessimistic going into the interview then you won't get the job, if you're optimistic and bright and happy then the interviewer is much more likely to hire you.

2) There are always jobs. Always. Sometimes (like in a recession) they're harder to find though, so you just gotta know where to look.

3) My parents had the same attitude. When I was 12 I was offered $100 to sort a guy's collectible cards for him - my parents told my grandmother and she gave me $200 not to take the job. Now I'm in college without a work study scholarship, looking at job applications that ask me to list "prior job experience". What does this mean? It means that whoever WOULD hire me has to come up with my salary themselves instead of being able to pay me out of the work study fund, so there's a lot less jobs that I can apply to just because of that. On top of that, if the interviewer sees 2 applications, one that has prior job experience and one that doesn't, who do you think he's going to interview first??? Hirers like high school students because they can generally just pay them minimum wage.

4) Read: How to Afford Anything

5) You'll earn more money than you think working and be able to pay for some clothes and some shows and yes, some sticks of gum as well, you'll just have to save longer for a good piece of glass.

SO yeah, cut the crap and get a job!!!

1) Quit the pessimist attitude. If you're pessimistic going into the interview then you won't get the job, if you're optimistic and bright and happy then the interviewer is much more likely to hire you.

2) There are always jobs. Always. Sometimes (like in a recession) they're harder to find though, so you just gotta know where to look.

3) My parents had the same attitude. When I was 12 I was offered $100 to sort a guy's collectible cards for him - my parents told my grandmother and she gave me $200 not to take the job. Now I'm in college without a work study scholarship, looking at job applications that ask me to list "prior job experience". What does this mean? It means that whoever WOULD hire me has to come up with my salary themselves instead of being able to pay me out of the work study fund, so there's a lot less jobs that I can apply to just because of that. On top of that, if the interviewer sees 2 applications, one that has prior job experience and one that doesn't, who do you think he's going to interview first??? Hirers like high school students because they can generally just pay them minimum wage.

5) You'll earn more money than you think working and be able to pay for some clothes and some shows and yes, some sticks of gum as well, you'll just have to save longer for a good piece of glass.

okay so say i get a job, how am i going to get there if my mother works, my father works, and i can't drive?
ever think of that? o_O

okay so say i get a job, how am i going to get there if my mother works, my father works, and i can't drive?
ever think of that? o_O

Ride a bike. It's healthy and if I can do 20 miles on a mountain bike in an hour and a half, you could probably do it much faster on a bike with skinnies.

Bike or public transportation. Or walk, depending on how close your job is (do you live in the city vs. do you live in the suburbs which were built around the fact that there would be a commute?) Depending on where you live (i.e. availability and price, again a city option), taxis may be an option. If you have a subway station close to you, you could ride the subway a few stations to a job.

Just depends on where your job is.

ever think of that? o_O

You walk or take the bus... or do what most girls do get a boyfriend with a car and force him to drive you everywhere...

see, i don't have money.. plus, the lens would be even more than i spent on my camera so i don't think i should do that.
That is because the lens is what see's the image the camera only process' it.

Use your head...
If anyone gives you a tip that you remember, it should be this:
Rely on no-one

I made the mistake of relying on people... my mum promised me a Camera for starting college last year, I applied, got in and all then my mum decided "hey, im not buying you one anymore" I was like :O i start college in 2 months and i dont have the equipment!!!
so i left college and that was a year ruined...
In that year I decided **** relying on people, ill get it my self
went out got a job at £4.30 an hour ($ ) and in the first month i blew all my money on crap
the second month they offered me overtime of 39 hours (meaning i made about £600 a month) now most people make that per week... It got really frustrating to buy stuff, but i was so happy when i got my pay and paid for my camera the first day and had no money left for another month... in which i bought another load of crap that is in the bin now, i have been workingthere 11 months now, 5 of which were overtime (£600) meaning i made about £4000 yet only have about £2000 to show in camera stuff...

Don't rush buying your stuff, Take your time, Get a bundle of cash and then learn what you need, buy it all at once and it will feel better knowing you got the right equipment and that you just went out with £2000 and spent it all in one day = Bragging rights to all your friends :p

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yes, as you may guess, I am part Scottish. - Ken rockwell - How to afford everything
I lol'd at that, Tis almost true... if a shop scams us by 10p (25cents) we will complain :p
But hey, it is why we are such a great economy with a decent amount of money i guess
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back