Flower macro!

250Gimp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was trying out my extension tubes with this one.

flowermacro.jpg

Shot with:
Canon Rebel Xt
50mm f1.8
2sec @ f13
iso100
68mm of extension tubes
close up filter lense
tripod
remote shutter release
mirror lock-up

No crop, just resized and sharpened in PS.

Let me know what you think please. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers:)

Very interesting indeed! I really like it.

I might fix the small dark spots in Photoshop. Other than that, it's very nice to look at.

Makes me excited to get the lens you used. It's in transit and should be here in less than a week.

That's some close macro, glad you posted this as I am looking at getting some tubes and was unsure of quality. This has convinced me.

This sold me on tubes, too.

Matter of fact, I just bought a set on Ebay for $21, shipped to my door. A drop in the bucket...

Thanks for the feedback everyone. The tubes are one of the better investments I have made.

Grafiks: I think the little black dot is actually on the plant itself, but I hadn't noticed it before.

neogfx: There was a close up filter on the lense as well, which doesn't help the optics at all. Tells you how sharp the "Plastic Fantastic" is, eh!

RedDevilUK: I was interupted in shooting before I could get a full shot, but here is the closest I have. 50mm with 12mm extension tube. At least you can tell it is flower in this one. The shot was of the stamin.

flower.jpg

Cheers

Cool. The whole flower is pretty incredible.

The black specs are not that big of a deal. I am always so focused on post processing. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back