Flutterbies hit the cutting room floor.....

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
They're off, really should be in the bin.​

642335995_3SGdq-XL.jpg

642335579_kRqVA-XL.jpg

642335727_7SvN8-XL.jpg

642336095_QKCcd-XL.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Well, they might not make your A-list, but the first,third,and fourth all have at least a little bit of redeeming value. On the first shot, I do like the shallow depth of field area on the wing,and like the antenna.

The second shot has a nice, graphic design-like quality to it,and is kind of a neat shot to look at.

The third shot is the weakest in my opinion, but the fourth shot is actually pretty interesting, seeing the butterfly's proboscis slurping up that sweet nectar. The DOF is shallow, but it gives a good look at the eyes and the hairy body area,and the wings are in a good position.

My main complaint would be that the pinks look very saturated in all these images--almost too saturated. While you might bin these, at this smaller size they have at least some redeeming qualities,and I think many people here would be happy to get shots that approach these in quality and composition.

Thanks Derrel, I appreciate your assessments. I was trying something a bit off kilter rather than the "standard fare" and I don't think I hit it. There are some aspects of some of the images that I like and will take the mental notes with me next time I'm doing flutterbies, but overall I was left disappointed. Thanks again.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back