Flying monkey and a few animal photos for C&C.

Tight Knot

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.lensphotoworld.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Here a few animal photos for C&C.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

$3 Squirrel monkeys looking over shoulders.jpg

$Blue throated macaws -Talk to the beak, cos the heads not listening.jpg

$Egret taking off from a cows back.jpg

$Female lion cleaning Male lion.jpg

$Peacock - side-on with shallow DOF.jpg

$Rainbow Lory - inquisitive.jpg

$Sea Horse.jpg

$Squirrel Monkey Airborne.jpg

These are really great animal shots. I wish I had the monkeys tail in the first one though...eyes keep shooting downward out of the frame. You have all these animals around you? That's very cool...lucky guy!

These are really great animal shots. I wish I had the monkeys tail in the first one though...eyes keep shooting downward out of the frame. You have all these animals around you? That's very cool...lucky guy!
Thanks Charlie.

Unfortunately I did miss his tail in 1. What do you mean by "eyes keep shooting downward out of the frame"?

Any other C&C you can give me on the photos?

Tight Knot said:
Thanks Charlie.

Unfortunately I did miss his tail in 1. What do you mean by "eyes keep shooting downward out of the frame"?

What I meant...was that my eye looks first at the monkeys, then gets swept out of the frame as my eye moves down the monkeys back, down the tail and out of the frame. I have to make a conscious effort to look at the right portion of the shot, simply due to the flow and composition. Ideally, if the monkeys tail curled around underneath them, the eye could be kept in the frame, making it easier for the viewer to see the entire shot. My $0.02.

There is some harsh sunlight in the lion and cow shots that is a little distracting...but it is not bad, and there is not much you can do about it. I totally love the peacock shot...nothing I would change about that one at all. Besides the monkey's tail, the birds tail is also chopped right at the very bottom, but you might be able to get away with it. But I would still prefer to have it in the shot.

Tight Knot said:
Thanks Charlie.

What I meant...was that my eye looks first at the monkeys, then gets swept out of the frame as my eye moves down the monkeys back, down the tail and out of the frame. I have to make a conscious effort to look at the right portion of the shot, simply due to the flow and composition. Ideally, if the monkeys tail curled around underneath them, the eye could be kept in the frame, making it easier for the viewer to see the entire shot. My $0.02.

There is some harsh sunlight in the lion and cow shots that is a little distracting...but it is not bad, and there is not much you can do about it. I totally love the peacock shot...nothing I would change about that one at all. Besides the monkey's tail, the birds tail is also chopped right at the very bottom, but you might be able to get away with it. But I would still prefer to have it in the shot.
Great C&C Charlie, Thanks.

These are great!!! I was looking forward to posting some animal pics tomorrow... Now.. Not so much lol. These totally blow mine out if the water. Great images capturing great moments and expressions.

These are great!!! I was looking forward to posting some animal pics tomorrow... Now.. Not so much lol. These totally blow mine out if the water. Great images capturing great moments and expressions.
Thanks TMJJK,

Ignore my photos, and post your own. People will critique them for you, and you will learn how to take even better photos.
I have only been doing photography for just over 1 & a 1/2 years, and this forum has really helped me to improve.

I signed a contract recently to take animal photos for a book " Animals of the Bible", and these are a few that I took for this book. Should be coming out sometime to the end of August.

By the way, Your signature is missing a "who" and could do without the second "I".

"I am striving to get better everyday and am incredibly grateful to those WHO assist me in my journey."

I did post... If you wouldn't mind critiquing :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back