Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4th of July Celebrations, Richmond, Va.

InFocus241.jpg

I was tempted to post this image without any effects but something in the way the subject stares at us, the viewer, struck a chord in me. It's a look I see, in different manifestations, as I take pictures of people - and others who do street photography may have similar experiences. So, delving into a bit of surrealistic juxtapositioning of in-focus/out-of-focus, I attempted to portray ("focus" on) a more expressionistic presentation of the image.

I wanted the effects to be distinct and, eventually, recognizable. But I didn't want them to be over-the-top.

Any comments and critique would be helpful.

Tuna

I love what you've done here.
I have never seen this done before and I think it is very creative!

Can you please tell us what camera/lens/filters/film you were using?

oh Tuna.. this is really really neat. Almost all the people are moving except one woman... very ceative and well done! :D:D

i believe the thought process behind this and how well you excuted your thought is creatively well done. we all see this effect a lot in motion, but rarely have i seen it in image form. my only dislike is the pole, but be that as it may, the image far outweighs any complaint i may have. b&w tones are very well done.

LittleMan, Mentos, Jon and Hanno - thank you for your comments and critique.

LittleMan, this was shot with a Digital SLR (D70) and the Nikon 12-24DX lens.

Tuna

This is very interesting and well done. At first I only noticed motion on a few heads, then the longer I looked the more appeared. That is great to keep interest from the viewer.

B&W was a great way to go with this image and the DOF is excellent for this crowd.

What were the camera settings?

I like it!

It looks like everyone is carrying on with their conversations and what they are doing except the subject who is giving you her full attention!

Another thing that strikes me is that it's kinda typical of "older" people who will hold very still for a photograph as they are used to the much older cameras whereas younger people have become used to the instant "snapshot" capabilities of modern cameras! Also reflected in her pose. Chin up and dignified. Quite old fashioned in a modern world.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back