Fogged Church Series

John E.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Please note the first picture is not meant to be offencive to churches.

Not sure if this the right place to post?

I have always found churches to be interesting....yet I also find them eriee, frigthening and aloof. It was a foggy evening to which I thought might be perfect to attempt to capture those feelings.

The pictures are a little washed from fog and a little dark, thought it might add to the mood.

If anyone want to critque Please do as I am a big boy and am wondering if I am hitting the mark?

church.jpg

church1.jpg

church3.jpg

I don't find these offensive at all. I think that you definately conveyed the feeling that you were trying to get across. They look pretty eiree to me in these shots. Good work. I especially like the tilt on the first one. It makes me feel disoriented.

I like the last one a lot. Only thing that bothers me is the foreground has nearly no details (which is understandable given the lighting circumstances). Oh, and I would love to see it in black and white :)

I like the last one best as well, has got an eerie edge-of-the-creepy-woods feel. I'd love to see it with the white thing in the background (water tower?) and the fence and poles between the trees cloned out, so it looks more of a rural setting.. or, if you'd like me to give it a go, lemmie know, I would enjoy doing that, lol. Also a tiny bit more detail in the foreground too and then a version in B&W... :) Great shots though, I think you hit the eerie feel on the mark!

Thanks for the feed back

I have to admit at this point I am a real hatchet man when it comes to editing, plus i don't have photoshop yet....not that would make a huge difference :roll:

I did darken the picture a bit from the original....maybe too to much.

I would appreaciate you having a go at it lungfarmer.:D thanks

I will go back and reshoot some morning or evening. I will bring my filters for my 35mm for black and white and try holding it front of the lense. Wish there was a way to attach filters for my camera :evil:

will get the black and white later, have to run to work

Definately eerie, I like in black in white. What Ive heard is that you underexpose fog by 2 stops to get enough detail - havent been able to test that thoery as we dont get much fog.

Thanks for the tip Karalee. I have just located myself here and had never taken pictures in fog before.

We get more than our fare share of fog here....Can I send u some please :D I will definatly be able to try the tip.

Sorry Mate But the first couple didn't do it for me. But the B & W with the trees is far more effective. The only thing I think is missing is a figure either sat on one end of the bench or walking along the skyline ? (long coat trilby hat sort of thing)

Shilts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back