For All Cat Owners

markc said:
A lot of cats don't like change, so it's good to pick one food and stick with it. If a store is out, it's usually better to drive to another one than get something new.

Yep...dogs and cats alike. It's not good for their stomachs to change their food suddenly....if you do need to change it, it should be done gradually, over a weeks time, mixing the two together, each day increasing the amount of the new food and decreasing the amount of the old.

And fat cats may be cute, but they aren't healthy.

My cat loves his Kit N Kaboodle cat food. Once in a while he gets a treat of cheese and goes nuts for Whisker Lickins, he dances for them.

core_17 said:
Yep...dogs and cats alike. It's not good for their stomachs to change their food suddenly....

Conventional wisdom in dog nutrition is changing. Recent studies indicate that a varied diet is much better for pup. It's reasoned that a single source diet, in the long run, can deprive dogs of needed nutrients and/or provide an excess of others.

Our chocolate lab gets not only an extremely high quality kibble that we rotate occasionally, but also canned salmon or mackerel twice a week, salmon oil dosed in his kibble regularly, as well as things like eggs, yogurt, pumpkin, green beans, etc...and he even gets treated to cheese every once in a while. An added benefit is that while he smells like a dog, he doesn't stink like a dog...and he hasn't had an honest-to-goodness bath in over a year. He's been hosed down after trips to the lake...but no doggie shampoo. I'm firmly convinced that more than anything else, bad food makes for bad smellin' dogs.

We get a lot of compliments on our shiny, healthy-lookin' boy...

51642917-M.jpg

(btw...he got to eat precisely one of those milk bones...his regular biscuits are much better for him.)

Oops...sorry for hijacking a cat thread with dog talk...

I feed my cat Pro Pac. I actually went through several brands before I found something he would eat. He hates wet food which I thought was odd. He loves the soft treats. Every once in a great while he gets human food. He likes yogurt, cottage cheese, regular cheese, milk (after the cereal has sweetened it up), deer meat, tuna. And the other day I discovered that he likes mcdonalds french fries(but I only let him have one tiny peice).

He handles dairy fine, but he ate some bacon off my pizza once(which he got in big trouble for) and that did NOT agree with him at all.:pale:

PetersCreek I love you! Your such a good pet owner :) and that picture is so cute.

I heard dairy wasn't too great for cats either. But sometimes I let my cat have some and she seems fine with it.

My yellow headed amazon loves french fries. He slurps out the insides first and then leaves the skin. lol. Birds hate me :(

I also had a rat and I think rats are the best rodent type animals. Her name was Yoshi awwieee..I miss her :'(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back