for senior photos, did the photograher ever write the grad year on the bottom of your feet?

mello11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Did they use a permanent marker? Did you have to be barefoot? Did they explain why or did they do it without explaining?

This is a Pinterest fad. Google “senior photo writing on feet”.

Must be for the younger crowd.

I graduated high school in 1981....there were not even full-length shots done back then--only formal,in-studio shots. So, the answer is "No way, Jose!"

I graduated high school in 1981....there were not even full-length shots done back then--only formal,in-studio shots. So, the answer is "No way, Jose!"

Graduated in '89 and still no full-on photo shoots for senior photos. I think it was like that for a while afterwards, too. Not sure when the photo shoots started. Not even sure if all high schools do them. The whole concept is totally foreign to me.

School photo day: go down to wherever the photographer was set up; wear regular clothes, except graduating seniors (boys put on their ties and jackets, and girls wear the silly off-shoulder drape); photographer poses you in a completely unnatural manner; paste stupid fake smile on face or look sullen, depending on where you were in your teenager's journey through cynicism and ennui; shutter snap; done.

When I graduated in 78, no senior portraits ever showed anything lower than the elbows. Everyone's was a bust shot in a proper studio. No field shots with cars, cows, guns, tractors, trees or railroad tracks.

I don't think many of these shots make it in the yearbook. I think they are mostly for the family. My wife ran the yearbook at her school for a couple of years, and as part of their contract (the only way to make the books affordable), students could only use photos the yearbook company took in their yearbook. There were more options for seniors, but they were still limited to studio shots.

Graduated in '89 and still no full-on photo shoots for senior photos. I think it was like that for a while afterwards, too. Not sure when the photo shoots started. Not even sure if all high schools do them. The whole concept is totally foreign to me.

School photo day: go down to wherever the photographer was set up; wear regular clothes, except graduating seniors (boys put on their ties and jackets, and girls wear the silly off-shoulder drape); photographer poses you in a completely unnatural manner; paste stupid fake smile on face or look sullen, depending on where you were in your teenager's journey through cynicism and ennui; shutter snap; done.
I took a regular one and one with my Saxophone. :)
people preferred the one's with the sax.

Did you take yours with a coffee cup ?

I graduated high school three years ago. Towards the end of the year we had an assembly featuring a slide show of everyone's senior photos (photoshoot style as well as studio style) and I remember one girl had our graduation date written on her stable boots but that's about as close as I saw to writing directly on the feet. The slideshow assembly was really cringy.

I took a regular one and one with my Saxophone. :)
people preferred the one's with the sax.

Did you take yours with a coffee cup ?

Nah. I think the only options I remember were senior girls could hold a rose if they wanted. Some chose an over-the-shoulder pose. I was all, "Yeah yeah, get that rose away from me, point me at the camera, and get this crap done and over with."

I graduated high school three years ago. Towards the end of the year we had an assembly featuring a slide show of everyone's senior photos (photoshoot style as well as studio style) and I remember one girl had our graduation date written on her stable boots but that's about as close as I saw to writing directly on the feet. The slideshow assembly was really cringy.

That sounds quite really awful. A slide show? *shudder*

The closest I've ever had anything written on my feet is when I was 3 months shy of my 16th birthday. I wrote "16" on the bottom of my shoes and went in to apply for a driver's license. All I had to do is swear I was over 16.

So I didn't lie!:fangs:

This too shall pass. The sooner the better I hope.

At least use a water soluble marker that is not 'permanent'. A permanent marker probably would wash off your feet eventually (having gotten Sharpie on my hands and it comes off after enough hand washing) but may not come off shoes (or maybe it would wear off the bottom of shoes...).

I wouldn't want to be around when your parents find out what you wrote on with a Sharpie.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back