Fountain at night

xs400

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.xsrider.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is the Armand Vaillancourt Fountain near the Embarcadero Center in San Francisco. Took this shot while experimenting with some night photography. Night photography is something new to me and I'd like some input on both night photography and this shot. Your comments would be appreciated.

fountain1.jpg

its a monster of a fountain. Personally I think your too close to this subject and shot from another angle I reckon would work better, also night shots need plenty of lights to really make them work well, this looks floodlit, I'd move back some and include the floods if possible. H

Thanks for your comments. I went back and looked at all the shots I took of the fountain that night and I agree that this shot was too close and from the wrong angle. Looking at my other shots, they are all from the about the distance and angle. I will go back and try again, keeeping in mind your suggestions. I just have to open my mind to a new perspective.

If there are any other suggestions, I'd like to read them. Thanks.

hmmm, i disargre.

I think the shot doenst need the floodlights shown and i dont think you need to back up. different angle yes.
As far as lighting goes, it looks well exposed to me
I feel that if you backed up and included the light source, the shot would say
"i was in SF and took this picture of a cool fountain" It would look like any touristy picture. I would suggest a different angle, maybe in the fountain or above. maybe include a person in one of the catwalks. I've shot this almost every time i visit that area of the city and i tend to go for something emphasizing the jagged lines and movement of the water

I would suggest a different angle, maybe in the fountain or above. maybe include a person in one of the catwalks.

There were people visiting the fountain at the time I took this shot. I actually waited for them to get out of the way before taking each shot. Next time I will include a person in some shots to see how it looks. I will also try some shots from the catwalks. Thanks for the suggestions.
Frank

Very Nice.
You could take it to the next level though with some dodge and burning, IMHO.
Nice shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back