Free photoshoot done but model wants all her photos deleted. What to do?

I dont see how i can sell them back to her since the other 2 models have some of the photos too from the group shot.

I dont see how i can sell them back to her since the other 2 models have some of the photos too from the group shot.

You will just have to put a clause in the new agreement that allows the others personal use... and just explain that you can not remove the rights already granted to the other models.

She did not pay you anything for the shoot - your compensation was experience and photos that you can use for your portfolio. If you can no longer use the photos for your portfolio, then she's basically revoking your compensation, so asking for "alternative" compensation (i.e. money) seems like a pretty fair thing to ask for in my opinion.

Do the models know each other?

Considering they didn't pay anything for the shoot, I think explaining to the other two models that the group shots will no longer be available due to an agreement with the other model (might be best to leave out the details) probably would not cause you any trouble.

As far as what you've already sent out, well, at the time you were acting according to the signed release, so I don't see that there's anything she could ask you to do about those, and if she really wanted them, she'd have to go after them herself.

Crazy situation, sorry man.

You know what? Just delete them. Whats YOUR loss if you do? Zero.
Are you not going to have Any other opportunities to get pics for your portfolio?
Sometimes you just suck it up to a live and learn moment.

Personally, legally I think youre in the clear. But as a professional I can tell you, its probably not worth the hassle or the damage to your rep to fight her on it.

Just delete them. Whats YOUR loss if you do?
How about not being able to deliver them the the other clients, who don't want them deleted and are also in the same photos...?

You have three people, and one of them changes their mind after the fact...
Are you supposed to just tell the other two, 'oh, I'm sorry - but your friend changed her mind, so I won't be giving you those pictures I said I would...'?

---

Well, they're already in the mail, I guess. So that doesn't really matter. I still wouldn't delete them though. There is always a chance that the other two models will want more prints later.

There your photos. She signed the release. I would never delete them. I assume you have her address?

FedEx her a copy of the release and a well written letter saying to cease all contact with you.

It's nothing personal.

<---Is not a lawyer

If they push you could probably win in court but why the hassle? Just tell her you will delete them but the other models have copies of the group shots.

Sounds like her family needs surgery to remove the collective stick up their butt. Not worth the trouble.

If they push you could probably win in court but why the hassle? Just tell her you will delete them but the other models have copies of the group shots.

How would they win anything? "We had an agreement, I signed a release, but, uh, I changed my mind over these non-explicit images". They wouldn't win anything.

are the pictures really that great?

How would they win anything? "We had an agreement, I signed a release, but, uh, I changed my mind over these non-explicit images". They wouldn't win anything.

Uh Sweety, re-read my sentence please paying attention to this phrase "you could probably win in court". And is there a possibility they win? Of course, if they get a good enough lawyer. Welcome to the USA where you can get a million dollars for spilling hot coffee down your pants. Anything is possible.

Most reactions

Back