Free photoshoot done but model wants all her photos deleted. What to do?

Your time used up...I agree with the idea that she has to buy them

If that doesn't work, do remember that just because you have the RIGHT to do something, it doesn't mean that it is the right thing to do....

Uh Sweety, re-read my sentence please paying attention to this phrase "you could probably win in court". And is there a possibility they win? Of course, if they get a good enough lawyer. Welcome to the USA where you can get a million dollars for spilling hot coffee down your pants. Anything is possible.

Thanks, Sugarlips. I didn't realize I lived in the USA.

What's the purpose of getting an agreement signed if you're gonna delete the photos. If you're gonna do that then don't go through the trouble of getting it signed...

She is an adult, she signed the contract, photos are yours to use in your portfolio and there is alot of chance that this will stand in court on your favor.

The only thing i am wondering about the pictures is: Are they that good that you are ready to put time and effort in all that, go in court to put them up on your portfolio? Are the models know each other? ditch the pictures IMO and re-shoot with the other two models if they really want the pictures.

I dont wanna be rude but if you just started working on your portfolio, i dont think the quality of the shots you took (We all went trough this when we first started.) are worth the pain and trouble to go to court . Get on model mayhem, Schedule with TF models and shoot again.

To have a SOLID portfolio, you will need more than 1 shoot to get it completed.
Maybe more like 10 to 20 GOOD shots.

Just save you time, drama and pain , tell her to grow up. and re-shoot with models that knows what the hell they want.

P.s add a line to your contract that stipulate that you will NEVER delete your work on any models request. lol

Last edited:
Talk to a lawyer, spend some money if you need to. If they say you're in the clear, you can politely tell the model that she signed a legal agreement and inform her of her options (buy them back, basically).

there are reasons why we have release forms.... Once signed, it cannot be undone.
Just make sure you have the original signed papers, and tell her that there is nothing she could do.

Offer her to pay for the photography sessions and you will give her pictures back, but since she was over 18, nothing her parents can do will change that. She made her choice as an adult to sign those papers.

You invested time to buy equipment and you took the time to do the photoshoot. Now, you should be compensated somehow for your time and money. Either she pays up or you keep the pictures as your payment.

If you want to be nice, then I guess go ahead and do what she wants you to do.
If she comes from a broken home and is really worried about her pictures, then you sign a waiver form saying that it will only be used for your portfolio. That is the best you can do.

I always try to keep my models happy, even tho you wont be working with her again it is possible your reputation could change because of her sadly. The pictures are yours, there's no doubt she signed the release its a done deal. The way I see it tho, if you did it once you can do it again.. I like the charging idea, have her pay you for your time and delete them.

I wouldn't delete a damned thing! But that's just me. I tend to hate models anyway... which is why I tend to shoot just sports.

I'm laughing over the fact that she is saying that her family is pressuring her to get the photos deleted.

Maybe daddy threatened to take away the Audi, or defund her college fund?:lmao:

I've never met an 18 year old who gave a hot fart what his or her family thought...unless there's money involved. Idiotic.

Either that, or she's considering a career in politics or entertainment and doesn't want those photos coming out later on...in which case, she needs to come up with the scratch to buy you off now, rather than later.:lmao:
C7

Most reactions

Back