Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
nice set. really liked the football

Well done Ron :icon_cheers::icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

Nice set. You should be able to clean up some of the noise with some noise reduction software.

Nice set of images. Shooting under the lights and I can guess what the light were like is a challenge, the shadows are deep. I'm shooting another night light game tonight, it will be dark. Shot a pro football game last night, and the lights are better but still shooting at iso 2000 800-1000th 3.2-4. Tonight it will be closer to 3200-4000iso 800th 3.2

6 clicks of the mouse in LR
Contrast +20
Clarity +15
Blacks -40
Sharpening 50
Masking 50
Luminance 70

15371404362_bfe0fe0161_c-2.jpg

Almost looks like Mizzou vs North Carolina

You framed your shots nicely, just a couple with maybe more space than needed at the top. Nice to see sports photos taken by someone who knows how to hold the camera straight! (I'm half kidding but half serious!)

Nicely done. And I'll see your weirdo outdoor nighttime football lighting with some indoor mercury vapor in a 60+ year old arena. lol Enjoy the next game.

You might be interested in taking a look at Sports Photography and Photojournalism for Professional Photographers and Photography
| SportsShooter.com

Thanks Vintagesnaps. I actually remembered to straighten a few of these while I was cropping.

I'm not going to complain about the lighting last night because I figured that was the least of my worries for the first game. I just wanted to be able to get a few good images and not totally screw it up.

Well done. You definitely did not screw up.

Okay, so I have gotten some really good advice on editing these photos. So I went back and tweaked the images and cropped as mentioned. Here are some of the edits.

1) The crop, I think made this one better

MWC-IKE-7 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

2) The crop made this one more noisy. Not happy with it.

MWC-IKE-11 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

3) The crop helped this one as well.

MWC-IKE-13 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

4) Cropped in tighter and I think you feel this play better. Not happy with the added noise though.

MWC-IKE-17 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

5) Again the crop isn't bad but the noise is killing me.

MWC-IKE-22 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

6) Square crop here got the sky out of it and made it much better. I'm really liking this one. (Even though his team lost)

MWC-IKE-24 by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

7) Decided to tweak this on up and darken it up a little bit.

MWC-IKE-3
by Ron_Lane, on Flickr

Most reactions

Back