Friday Night Moon Shots

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bored on a Friday night and just itching to post a photo but don't what it should be? Post a moon shot. I've found out if I start earlier, they don't seem quite so fuzzy. :D

Go on.... you know you wanna do it................

19Feb2010
792229710_oUFbm-XL.jpg

Wow, I love it, dramatic and lovely.

Wow i just love it, it seems so romantic and eye catching its a fantastic shot, i am sure i will have some good shots like yours soon:)

Great shot, this was the best i could get on Monday, taken with
my old Nikon 70-300 f4-5-6 on its own. I've found its a bit soft
at the 300 end, soon being replaced...

22 Feb 2010
4379211947_edb72c5e89_o.jpg

I've already gotten a couple tonight, but I'm over at friends house and they have no photo editor. :grumpy:

I'll have to post tomorrow, but PLEASE GO AHEAD AND POST YOUR FRIDAY NIGHT MOON SHOT!!!!

DSC_0092.jpg

lol.. i tried.
Your guys' moon shots are AMAZING! Im jealous. I only had my 55-200mm on me.. and this was as close as i could get. The moon looked awesome in the storm clouds..so thought if try.

Whats the trick to getting a super good, clean shot? ( aside from a longer range lens..lol --is 300 enough )

Bump.

Last edited:
Mine

was from that farmers harvest moon or whatever when its the biggest ever or sumtin

4314568067_96c372dc1a_b.jpg

You can't get decent results but aiming a lens at the moon and triggering the shutter.. Stack a 1 stop and a 2 stop ND filter in front of your glass. Use a 400 with a doubler, manual focus, fire some frames. You get the picture.. There is one I shot of the moon tonight on my blog.

the Iconic Image

Stack a 1 stop and a 2 stop ND filter in front of your glass. Use a 400 with a doubler said:
Ok...I'm totally new to this stuff... 1 stop? 2 stop ND filter???...400 w/ doubler? Lol
Can u be a little more specific...so I know what I need? Lol still learning the manual focus---i turned off auto was trying to take a quick pic before the clouds swallowed the moon again lol used the low light iso option on my cam. Wanna say it was 1800 ISO.

You can't get decent results but aiming a lens at the moon and triggering the shutter.. Stack a 1 stop and a 2 stop ND filter in front of your glass. Use a 400 with a doubler, manual focus, fire some frames. You get the picture.. There is one I shot of the moon tonight on my blog.

the Iconic Image

Honestly dont even like your shot, looks like something a scientist would like, but it just looks ugly, and also the last time i checked the moon wasnt blue.

My shot was taken with a tripoded d90+180mm 2.8 AIs at either f/4 or 5.6.

Honestly dont even like your shot, looks like something a scientist would like, but it just looks ugly, and also the last time i checked the moon wasnt blue.

My shot was taken with a tripoded d90+180mm 2.8 AIs at either f/4 or 5.6.[/QUOTE]

Was this directed towards my shot?!

the Iconic Image

the Iconic Image

Well check again---cause the pic I took may be crappy and lack a lot but the moon is definetly NOT blue in the shot...its bright white. I don't like the pic either and it was also my FIRST moon shot, (2 days after buying the camera) I'm OBVIOUSLY a new to this. I was posting it for references and HELP to this theme thread figured somone had advice...not for someone to come along and tell me how much it sucks, and what a crappy job I did. So if your going to be a d***, keep ur C/C to yourself,. I don't want to hear your negativity.

I wasnt talking to you....

the Iconic Image

Well check again---cause the pic I took may be crappy and lack a lot but the moon is definetly NOT blue in the shot...its bright white. I don't like the pic either and it was also my FIRST moon shot, (2 days after buying the camera) I'm OBVIOUSLY a new to this. I was posting it for references and HELP to this theme thread figured somone had advice...not for someone to come along and tell me how much it sucks, and what a crappy job I did. So if your going to be a d***, keep ur C/C to yourself,. I don't want to hear your negativity.

I wasnt talking to you....

Ok, I appologize. I am on my cell phone and the quotes are confusing to make out. I thought I was. But sorry about that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back