Friend and his gun

No need to be sorry. I understand that it is just an air gun and that your intentions are harmless. The deal is that guns are a very serious matter to me. Personally they are far from being cool. The glam and glitz of weapons has always freaked me out. Throw booze in to the equation and we are all in for a nightmare.

Photography is a powerful weapon. I believe that we need to consider the effects of what we shoot. Photos' of people pointing guns is a step backwards. As opposed to a step forward.

Like the grainy image and he looks really cool in the first shot. I see the theme as more taking off the Hollywood gangster genre, rather than glamourising gun culture directly, but as you've quickly found out, people have all kinds of opinions and many won't get past the fact that he's holding a gun, toy or otherwise.

Art's there to stimulate people and if you can take a picture which provokes thought and reaction, then you're doing really well. Nobody has to like it, just "get it".

As casual shots go, these are interesting. The second one suffers from a cluttered background and dodgy lighting on his hair, and the first one could be improved by separating the gun from the background, but overall they've got a very genuine feel to them.

Rob
p.s. Yes, he does look a bit like BD-T!

craig said:
Photos' of people pointing guns is a step backwards. As opposed to a step forward.

I agree, but it can make for a powerful photo..... and can effectivly put you in the position of having that gun in your face. I think that does the opposite of glamoirsing guns, and in fact makes people scared of what could happen to them if the use of guns isnt dramatically cut down.

i like them fate, especially the first one - very gritty, good shoot :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back