Fuji st or Sony

I hope you don't think a different camera will make better images for you. Practice will make better images for you.

I agree with this 100%, I shot with Canon, Fuji, Nikon & Sony....trust me it's about the photographer....you can't go wrong with any of those major companies for a body or glass.....If you shoot in raw you can get that different look you are talking about in lightroom...

The trick is that some equipment feels/works/shoots/handles better than others. Don't tell me this isn't a contributing factor to a likeable shot, absent cost or chronic GAS. Crap gear in the "artist's" hands is a threadbare(and tiresome) little truism. Who needs the moralizing?
The Fuji X-100 and X-T series cameras sometimes help me make images a notch or two above mediocre. Why? I just like 'em.

I’m switching from my Nikon D500 to the Fuji x-t2 for the pure reason I cant shoot wildlife as much now to warrant having it and with now having my son space is now paramount and the opportunities to use my telephoto lens diminished. I’ve got more into Astro/landscapes/seascapes and photographing my son, which has left little time for wildlife. Plus there are some great deals on the x-t2 at the moment with the x-t3 having come out.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I agree with a lot of the comments here, changing systems to get sharp images is a big no and waste of time and money. Both Nikon system will give great images , invest in good glass unless you simply want a smaller body and / or FF, but beware, as mentioned the a7ii I had did not perform well at high iso, lenses are super expensive for Sony and battery life was absolutely awful. Owning either Sony or Fuji or both won’t give you sharper pictures.
I assume you shoot RAW and post process yourself? Then the colour difference you may notice can be amended for in post or tweaked more to your liking, warmer skin tones etc. But to get sharper make sure you’re nailing your focus and using a fast enough shutter speed or a tripod should give you the sharpness you’re looking for, I remember my D7000 with a 50 1.8D was razor..

I can only agree this could be an expensive lesson in photography, I now own a d850 but I didn’t buy it to get sharper images, it was for many other reasons and I’ve seen images from the 7100 that are far better than some of my work. ‘Better cameras’ don’t take better pictures, sharpness is more down to technique and glass, not technology.. but best of luck..

Sent from my mobile device because I’m either outside or too lazy to get my MacBook..

Last edited:
I hope you don't think a different camera will make better images for you. Practice will make better images for you.

^^^ facts ☺️

do you shoot in RAW or JPEG?

if you want maximum sharpness here is some suggestions that may help.

first buy the sharpest glass your chosen brand manufactures

then shoot “JPEG” only, now bump the sharpness all the way up!

next import into photo editing software and move the sharpness slider all the way right like a tinder match!!

now! maximum sharpness!

^^^ facts ☺️

do you shoot in RAW or JPEG?

if you want maximum sharpness here is some suggestions that may help.

first buy the sharpest glass your chosen brand manufactures

then shoot “JPEG” only, now bump the sharpness all the way up!

next import into photo editing software and move the sharpness slider all the way right like a tinder match!!

now! maximum sharpness!

super helpful reply to a two year old thread

Most reactions

Back