Fuji X-T5 is on the way!

It is mostly your fault I got my first Fuji lol. A few others on here have the Fuji system and were partly responsible.
I got the Fuji due to Gary A always talking about it. I hope he’s doing well. Miss him in coffee House and his fun pics of his Wheaton pup.

I'm not bashful, so 16mp Fujis+attitude means cropping isn't an issue for my style.

@SquarePeg how are you liking the X-T5 after a few months of use? I'm still running an X-T3 as my newest Fuji and I'm definitely feeling the pull toward that new sensor.. though admittedly I'll probably go for the X-H2 for it's form factor.

@SquarePeg how are you liking the X-T5 after a few months of use? I'm still running an X-T3 as my newest Fuji and I'm definitely feeling the pull toward that new sensor.. though admittedly I'll probably go for the X-H2 for it's form factor.

Hey Destin. Battery life is much improved- shot all night in the cold on the same battery. Cropping is better with the extra MPs. Feels lighter and ergonomics are good. I turned the touch screen off. AF is good so far but haven’t had a ton of time to practice. I like the eye detection and the IBIS is helpful. Still haven’t found ideal settings for astro - seems like the extra MPs make the noise more noticeable? But it’s easily eliminated in post. On the Fuji forums and Facebook groups general agreement is the xt2 is the best for astro. Lots of features that I don’t need (yet). Overall happy with the upgrade.

Hey Destin. Battery life is much improved- shot all night in the cold on the same battery. Cropping is better with the extra MPs. Feels lighter and ergonomics are good. I turned the touch screen off. AF is good so far but haven’t had a ton of time to practice. I like the eye detection and the IBIS is helpful. Still haven’t found ideal settings for astro - seems like the extra MPs make the noise more noticeable? But it’s easily eliminated in post. On the Fuji forums and Facebook groups general agreement is the xt2 is the best for astro. Lots of features that I don’t need (yet). Overall happy with the upgrade.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I've actually got a used X-T2 arriving tomorrow because I got too good a deal to pass up, I'll have to try it for astro! Admittedly I've never really been happy with Fuji for astro, mostly because of the lens selection.. I've got a 12mm f/2 from Rokinon and it's okay, but I definitely miss my D810 and 20mm 1.8 for astro work.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I've actually got a used X-T2 arriving tomorrow because I got too good a deal to pass up, I'll have to try it for astro! Admittedly I've never really been happy with Fuji for astro, mostly because of the lens selection.. I've got a 12mm f/2 from Rokinon and it's okay, but I definitely miss my D810 and 20mm 1.8 for astro work.

I really like the Fuji 14 f2.8 and Fuji 35 f2 for astro. I’ve grown to prefer a compressed view of the mw. If I want a wider field of view I shoot a pano or last resort default to the Samyang 12mm

14mm
West Quoddy Milky Way by SharonCat..., on Flickr

35mm
PHL Milkyway by SharonCat..., on Flickr

35mm pano
Maine Milky Way 2022 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

@Destin

If you haven’t already seen this, it’s worth a watch to help decide if xt5 is worth the upgrade

Most reactions

New Topics

Back