Fuji XT-1

Just got my X-T1 today, using it with the XF23mmf1.4 but I'm having some issues. The EVF is not focusing. I can put everything on auto, shoot while looking through the EVF, and the image would come out crisp and clear, but what I see in the EVF when shooting is blurry. Does anyone else have this issue? Or is there some set up that I skipped that's causing this?

Try messing with the diopter. There should be a scroll wheel next to the eyepiece.

Ahh my edit was a minute late! Thanks nonetheless!

After rushing Nick Devlin's fawning love fest into print on The Luminous Landscape website well ahead of 90% of the other, smaller, less "connected" sites, Michael Reichmann apparently decided to try and save a bit of his site's credibility by writing an experience report based on his own use of the camera "for a while".

Fuji X-T1 Further Thoughts

And the light leak that has been discovered, well Fuji says they can fix that. Fujifilm to Repair Light Leak | Sans Mirror ? mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras | Thom Hogan

I know this may be a little early, but can anyone comment on the performance of X-T1 + M Mount lenses? I'm interested in throwing some Voigtlander lenses on it.

Also, does anyone know it's possible to use AF, and then after the camera focuses on something, switch to MF without the camera resetting to default focus?

I just saw on fujirumors that Aperture and PS now support .raf files. While they supported previous camera's .raf files, now the XT-1 and XE-2 .raf files are supported. Yes there was a cumbersome work around but now the update is available.

After rushing Nick Devlin's fawning love fest into print on The Luminous Landscape website well ahead of 90% of the other, smaller, less "connected" sites, Michael Reichmann apparently decided to try and save a bit of his site's credibility by writing an experience report based on his own use of the camera "for a while".

Fuji X-T1 Further Thoughts

And the light leak that has been discovered, well Fuji says they can fix that. Fujifilm to Repair Light Leak | Sans Mirror ? mirrorless, interchangeable lens cameras | Thom Hogan

Lots of X-T1 reviews available, many of them a bit tentative in keeping with the recent roll-out. I didn't read Devlin's as especially smoochy. Just curious why you've added Devlin, Reichmann+LL and Fuji to your chew toy basket? Own an X-T1?

Review posted - forgot to put in my whining about the noseprints on the LCD and lack of built-in flash - but I found other stuff to whine about - oh, yeah, there's some fawning over the "retro cool factor" too :)

Hybrid Camera Revolution: Fuji X-T1 - A Second Look

A nice review! I read it and looked at the sample images. One thing that I noticed. You said that the Fuji has very accurate color. That is not my personal experience with Fuji cameras, but rather that the FUji color palette tends more toward "pleasing color", but not that accurate, especially on greens and yellows. But, looking at your sample pictures comparing the Fuji versus the Panasonic, I noticed three SHOCKING differences. First, the mallard drake's wing patch: it is BLUE on the Fuji, and PURPLE on the Panasonic. I mention this because in the past, purple and lavender hues have been a very challenging area for many digital cameras.

Second and third, the red car, and the black car. The color difference on the red and the black (??was it black-black??) cars. Very different color rendering. Red is a pretty important color to get at least somewhat right. Does it tend to blow out the red channel easily?

So, I wonder: Can the Fuji XT-1 render purples and lavender colors well? I'd love to see some crocus or lavender or other purple flowers.

Another color I'd love to see: GREENS. Fuji has long rendered greens in a VERY different way than Nikon, Canon, or Kodak! Green ocean water + FUji has been a weird issue since the 1980's for me. I have bought three Fuji d-slr cameras over the past 15 years, so I'm wondering about these specific colors based on the way Fuji's greens have been wayyyyy "off" from reality since, for me, about 1985...

Of course, at this time of the year, there is not much green grass to be seen in many places. Nor tree leaves.

Here you go Derrel. They just popped up on the front lawn this week and I got a chance to take a snap today -- X-E2 which is same guts as an X-T1.

Joe

crocus_zpsf21eeede.jpg

I recently decided to switch fully to the Fujifilm system. I all ready sold the 5D2 last year after I get the X Pro1 and now since I use the X T1 for a while I'm selling the 5D3 24-70 II 70-200 II etc. The Fujifilm does what I want and I do not have to walk with bulky and heavy gear.
Overstap Canon EOS 5D Mark III naar Fujifilm X T1

It was an very easy decision. I really like the out put of the Fujifilm camera's

I recently decided to switch fully to the Fujifilm system. I all ready sold the 5D2 last year after I get the X Pro1 and now since I use the X T1 for a while I'm selling the 5D3 24-70 II 70-200 II etc. The Fujifilm does what I want and I do not have to walk with bulky and heavy gear.
Overstap Canon EOS 5D Mark III naar Fujifilm X T1

It was an very easy decision. I really like the out put of the Fujifilm camera's

Now all you need to do is change EOSfptografie to Xfotografie ;)
It would be interesting to know what do you regard as a step down here (low light? AF?) and what you think is step up, apart from the obvious weight/size. What do you think about the EVF after your Canons?
also - how different are FUJI files in post production compared to Canon? I have got two different cameras from two brands with an practically identical sensor, and I have a feeling that despite that Nikon files are more "flexible" in post production due to a different algorithm, not just because of higher dynamic range (which is actually pretty similar).

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back