jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took a half day PTO, because I had heard that there were Wood Ducks at a certain pond. No Wood Ducks. No ducks. Not even any geese. Dejected, I decided to walk the shoreline back towards home, and after scaring off several GBHs, I came across this one, and it wasn't interested in letting food go, so it tolerated my presence while it looked for snacks. It actually got three fish while I was there. The sun was not at the best angle, but it rarely is, is it? Taken with the Tamron 18-400mm at 400mm. Cropped.

1 Gotcha! (fish #2)
dec22202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Fish #2
dec22202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Fish #2
dec22202103 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

4 Down the gullet (fish #2)
dec22202104 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

5 Fish #3
dec22202105 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

6 Fish #3
dec22202106 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

I think these shots of a blue heron more than make up for the lack of any ducks and these are very nice, I especially like the light. Were these taken just before sunset?

I love this set- the last image stands out for me Jeff :)

Les

I think these shots of a blue heron more than make up for the lack of any ducks and these are very nice, I especially like the light. Were these taken just before sunset?
Thanks! They were taken late afternoon between 1500 and 1600. The sun was a bit of a challenge, because of the angle, so it left dark areas on the bird, as well as light areas.
Nice set.....
Thanks...
I love this set- the last image stands out for me Jeff :)

Les
Thank you! The last one is my favorite as well. Unlike the other Herons, this one was a willing subject, being more interested in catching fish than on me being on the shore.

Thank you! The last one is my favorite as well. Unlike the other Herons, this one was a willing subject, being more interested in catching fish than on me being on the shore.
Nice when that happens Jeff :)

Les

Most reactions

Back