Getting A Pres Pass

SergioG

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all, sorry but I didn't know where to put this. :S

So after days of trying to get the email of a band's manager, I finally got it. Now that I have it I'm stuck. How should I ask to get a press pass or just general permission to take photos of the band?

If I act too professional maybe they'll think I want to sell prints, and they won't like that. If I act like a hobbyist then they might not take me seriously. There's many scenarios and I just don't know how to ask.

Any suggestions? Help would be appreciated. :)

I have now idea really, if they are a big band like U2 or something, i'm guesing the would just say no or ignore your request.

If not i can only suggest you be honest with them when you ask. If you try to make out you are something you're not, they will just see right through you.

good luck

John MF has it right. Just be direct and honest. If you have an online gallery then give them the address ... if not then tell them you have a portfolio and willing to show them your work. If you don't have an online gallery or portfolio then good luck.

Def be honest. Just tell them why you want the pass. Never lie and act like you are doing it for work (unless you are). Every year I email the band 311 and every year they give me a photo pass. One year they even gave me a free ticket to the show. All I ever tell them is I'm really interested in photography and would love the opportunity to take shots of the band. Good luck! :)

If you don't plan on selling the pics, tell the manager you'll show them to him when you're done and that they can keep the ones you like. Just ask for credit on the images.
I got a deal like that for a car race and worked nicely.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back