Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo comes from wedding that I shot last week, it's part of a series that I posted Here There was just something about the moment of the little girl seeing her fancy hair for the first time that caught my eye. Taken with the 10D and I belive with my 100 macro, bounced flash. Appreciate any feedback or different lighting ideas! I would have like to get around the other side and get a shot of her face in the mirror but the space didn't allow for it.

IMG_9334.jpg

I like the photo and there is no doubt that this young lady is delighted with her hair. I wish there was more DOF to isolate the girl but I think the photo stands well as is.

Thanks for the comments! Vmann, I agree more DOF would have been nice. I was so afraid she would put the mirror down before I could get the other lens out.

This photo is amazing. It has so much going for it. I have no problem with the DOF since it helps tell the story of what's happening. I could see this as a print, in a book, but most of all cherished by the bride and groom for years to come.

jadin said:
This photo is amazing. It has so much going for it. I have no problem with the DOF since it helps tell the story of what's happening. I could see this as a print, in a book, but most of all cherished by the bride and groom for years to come.

i'm going with jadin on this! incredible work and b&w treatment. what settings do you use to achieve this result?

For black and white conversion I do it slightly different depending on the photo. I usually adjust contrast and saturation on the color version first, then covert either using the channel mixer or with a program called Mystical Tint/Tone/Color which I love. I usually adjust the contrast again when I'm done. I tend to mess with the orange/red tones for people, gives a more contrasty image.

AlisonS said:
...then covert either using the channel mixer or with a program called Mystical Tint/Tone/Color which I love.

is this program free for downloading?

Ummmmmm, legally no..... :oops:

Good picture indeed.

It may be a matter of individual taste, but i think she looks just a smidgen pale. If you used channel mixer I would drop the red just a bit and bump the green a tad.

As someone who loves B&W and someone who loves when the subjects are not posing and the shot is "real", I think this is an absolute fabulous capture. I have viewed this picture over and over trying to come up with something to critique, but honestly, I have nothing to critque. Very well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back