Girl on the beach for C&C:)

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my 9 year old neice who loves being my practice model:) All taken with my 50mm lens @ 5.6/f, 1/250 and 200 ISO. We were in FULL sun so the lighting was pretty harsh. All in all did they turn out so bad? I wish I would of had my reflector to help out with the shaded areas on her face. Thanks!
1. $IMG_7309 -1.jpg
2.$IMG_7311 -1BW.jpg
3.$IMG_7314 -1.jpg
4.$IMG_7322 -1.jpg

Very snapshot like.

Harsh mid day sun is tough to shoot in without big diffusers... Even with reflectors, it's really tough to avoid he shadows and hot spots. Horizons a really tilted as well. Tilted horizons make me nervous...... unless they're my own. Then I don't notice until someone calls me on it. :lol:

Very snapshot like.

Harsh mid day sun is tough to shoot in without big diffusers... Even with reflectors, it's really tough to avoid he shadows and hot spots. Horizons a really tilted as well. Tilted horizons make me nervous...... unless they're my own. Then I don't notice until someone calls me on it. :lol:

I know they are tilted :( but when I tried to straighten them, it cut out too much. Thanks for your critique!:)

I know they are tilted :( but when I tried to straighten them, it cut out too much.

It's a tough thing to fix, since most folk's natural grip on the camera doesn't lend itself to a perfectly straight horison. I almost always (not as much anymore) shot at about 3 degrees of plumb, and it drove me crazy. I eventually just started making consious efforts to think about the shot more before pressing the shutter button. I would find myself looking for something near the scene that was perfectly horisontal/vertical, then liked it up with the bottom/top/side of the viewfinder to see what the scene looked like when straight, the recompose with that in mind. I would use tops of buildings, lamp posts, the horizon, anything to get my bearings. I eventually just got a camera body with a "virtual horizon" button to tell me when I'm not shooting straight.

Most reactions

Back