Girl Trouble

Sorry for the necro bump, but.....

I told y'all I would give you an update if anything changed. Well after some time, I told her what I thought and she proceeded to friendzone me. This was a few days ago. Oddly enough, though, I'm not upset, but actually happy. I do wonder about what could have been and what I could have done differently, but in the end I'm just happy I know, and can move on. And we joked about it and made fun, and will be friends. I also think I'll be stronger after this. After such a trivial thing being such a big deal to me, I think it will be more trivial to me in the future, and less a big deal. I'm already finding myself finding women more approachable and easier to talk to.

Thanks for the tips, y'all, and for being there for me!

Holy crap, did I really just read this entire effing thing? Just had to go for that necro bump, didn't'cha???

Insomnia's a hell of a beeee-yotch.

My boyfriend and I met in high school and became friends. He had a huge crush on me. Asked me to the prom. I said no. We stayed friends. Tried a few moves now and then. Didn't work. We lost touch. I then met someone in college and got engaged at 21. Came to my senses 2 years later and handed back the ring. Best thing I ever did. That's when I went about this business of figuring out just what the hell kind of life I wanted to have.

After some years, a few more relationships (and flings...I always recommend a summer fling!), and many many moves, I was again living in the same area as he was and we started hanging out again. I could tell he still liked me but he said he was fine being friends because he preferred me in his life than not in his life.

Well, sometimes it's not just the person who has to be right; it's the timing, too. 16 years after I turned him down for the prom, I jumped him one night after a few glasses of wine. Eight years later and we're still together, with no inkling that we won't want to stay that way.

Life is cray-cray and when it comes down to it, we're all just trying to hang on. Only thing you can really do is make sure your head isn't planted so firmly up your a-...er...between your kidneys that you can't manage to pull it out and see something other than your own schite.

Last edited:
If you're relying on someone else to make you happy................... well, never mind.

I do wonder about what could have been and what I could have done differently, but in the end I'm just happy I know, and can move on.

nothing. if she actually liked you, it wouldn't have mattered.

I do wonder about what could have been and what I could have done differently, but in the end I'm just happy I know, and can move on.

nothing. if she actually liked you, it wouldn't have mattered.

Yeah, I just wish she got a chance to know me. She was attracted to me, but then the only impression she had of me is the date and yeah... that didn't really help. But now we should be able to get to know each other as friends and it be a lot less pressure.

Limr, good stuff. Life is crazy sometimes.

This thread is STILL GOING?!

Most reactions

Back