Girl Trouble

Papa always said, "If it's got tits or tires, you're gonna have trouble with it."
LOL. Papa is or was a wise man.Hopefully there not to inflated.:lmao:

I'm pretty sure everyone who replied to you is male (I may be mistaken)... so take it from a female:
You are out dude and she is trying to not be bi...uh witchy about it. That isn't to say that you cant recover from the disaster of your first date though.

First dates are a real make or break. I almost didn't give my husband a second date because he wore really ugly shoes on the first date...
I know that's low and shallow sounding but its the truth. My friend had to talk me into another date, which went way better (obviously).

So, if you can, get a friend to talk you up, maybe a second date will be better. But don't hang out in the friend zone.... if you do, you won't get out of it. If you can't get a second date, just walk away and act cool. It may make her crazy enough to ask you out. And if it doesn't, go find another fish.

This. You had a chance a blew it. Learn from it.

The last thing you want to do is act desperate and pathetic. That is a stinky cologne that turns off all woman. Despite all the equality talk women ultimately want a strong and confident man.

So apparently you checked no on the "has photography ever gotten you laid" thread ;)

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.... I like Trever's idea of paying her back in some way.. what do the ladies think of this?

i would absolutely, as a manly man, pay her back completely, in full, for dinner and anything else she might have paid for.

As a lady, it wouldn't earn you any points by paying me back. Its better to try and take her out again and make a better impression. If I have already written you off and you come and try to pay me back, it just makes you look stupid. I would tell you to keep the money. Because it wasn't about the money, it was about the experience. And frankly it sounds like the experience sucked.

Yeah, I agree ^. If you try to pay her back, then that first date turns into a situation more like when 2 friends or co-workers go out for dinner, and one forgets their wallet.

Send her flowers instead.

Thanks for the feedback, y'all.... I like Trever's idea of paying her back in some way.. what do the ladies think of this?

You didn't pay her back already?!?!?!?

If it's any consolation, I found out that the guy I like was at the state fair with someone yesterday. :er:

I am a man and as such can't think like a woman but IF...IF you only meet her to give her the $ she had to shell out and walk away smiling there's nothing bad she can say about you. No way I'd let her have the ability to say I made her pay for dinner!

Completely outside of the date or romantic context, you were unable to pay for something you had intended to pay for, and someone else covered for you. Whether it was a man, woman or elephant, pay that person back promptly. That's just the right thing to do. If this date had gone well she'd be telling you something like "take me out next weekend so you can pay me back." But, it sounds like it didn't go well, and being able to pick up the check probably wouldn't have fixed that.

Make arrangements to pay her back. Don't even think about turning it into a second date or shot at redemption. If she tries to refuse, insisting that "Mama raised me better than that" usually works for me in such situations. Carry on with life as though this event hasn't phased you at all, and if there is an opportunity for the two of you to try it again later, then that opportunity will present itself. Right now you are "a guy" she went on a date with. If you reimburse her for dinner and aren't awkward about it, you might even become that "nice, but unfortunate guy" she went on a date with. Don't become a "desperate/awkward/needy" guy.

Good luck! There are other fish in the sea. Throw your line back out. You might catch one of them, or this one might come back for another bite. Who knows.

Here's a lesson from a guy old enough to be your father: when you take a woman out on a date, make sure you have some actual CASH in your wallet,enough for dinner, drinks, transportation home via taxi or train,etc. if needed in case of (cough, cough). Have plenty of gas in YOUR tank, which presupposes that you have a tank in which to put gasoline. And be on time, both arriving and at getting to the date's destination and any after-events. Failing in all three areas is just not going to win you...anything.

Paying her back after a night where she fulfilled the traditional masculine role (right or wrong, that's what happened...) is probably not going to have any positive effect for you and whatever 'relationship' could come out of this. From my point of view, admittedly a traditional America male's point of view, your date was an emasculating experience.

..........there's nothing bad she can say about you...........

But she still will. :er:

Everyone at work, her gym, her art class, her FaceSpace and MyBook friends and her mother already have heard what an evil, terrible, awful person she dated once.

Happy Birthday :mrgreen: sorry don't have much advise but stay confident and don't seem desperate!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back