Goat Fell, Isle of Arran, Scotland.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Well here's a few shots i had taken on my ascent up Goat Fell. Not sure if a goat really did fall or not but i nearly fell all the same. The actual shots from the summit etc i'll post in the Landscape gallery (if anyone's interested.)

bw7-15.jpg

bw7-19.jpg

bw7-25.jpg

bw7-27.jpg

C&C appreciated as usual.. I had no idea what to do with some shots composition wise so i just went with my first instinct.

C&C per req:
1. Good composition, use of parallel lines to lead the eye to the middle of the image, however, the foreground is overbright and the background seems very soft. I think is an image which may work better in colour, but it seems to me to be lacking a main subject.
2. Again, sames not about composition, nice sky (though it looks a tad 'processed') but the heavy, dark brush in the foreground is keeping with the lighter hills in the background.
3. Composition as per 1 & 2; better foreground/background dynamic ratio than in 2. Technically not a bad image, but one again I think might be better executed in colour.
4. Very nice; I like the patterns in the rock formations. I would however consider cropping out the sky totally as it's brightness is a bit distracting. A 2 stop graduated ND filter would have worked wonders on this image.
Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Cheers John. I've recently been looking into using colour but i'd be looking to go digital for that, generally for expense reasons - still thinking about it.

My next step was to look into getting filters and learn how to use them properly, and of course, when to use them.

Most reactions

Back