Going to Naples and Rome

CSR Studio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.csrstudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will be heading to Naples and Rome in a few weeks and I wanted to get some advice about what I need to see. I have never been to Italy before but I do know the highlights so give me some great little local spots. Restaurants, places to photograph, whatever.

Thanks in advance.

Why dont you take me w/..........I ll show you around....lol

I will be heading to Naples and Rome in a few weeks and I wanted to get some advice about what I need to see. I have never been to Italy before but I do know the highlights so give me some great little local spots. Restaurants, places to photograph, whatever.

Thanks in advance.

Near Napoli:

-the Amalfitan Coast, with stops in Sorrento, Isle of Capri (where you have to visit Grotta Azzura or the Blue Grottos), Positano, Ravello (sweet little mountain town with great views all around), Pompeii

In Rome:

-Santa Maria Maggiore church for sculptures, Piazza di Spagna, La Fontana di Trevi, the Coliseum, the weekly flea market on Sundays at the Porta Portese, Via Veneto, the Forum, the Vatican (long wait to see the Sistine Chapel and no photos allowed), Latina (a town about 60km South of Rome, quite unappealing but interesting since it has been built entirely by Mussolini before the war, hence the majority of the buildings have three columns in front, reminiscent of the letter M)

As for restaurants, everything is great there. If you want to save money at the restaurants, go and eat by the bar, if not you are charged quite a lot more for sitting at a table.

I'll try to remember more, it's been a while since I lived there...

Have fun!

Mitica, thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate it. If you can think of anything else please post it. I will check back before I leave on Oct. 3rd.

Thanks again!

I was in Italy for 2 weeks last fall. I didn't make it to Rome or Naples, but I can tell you now that you won't have any trouble at all finding things to photograph. If anything, you're going to fill up memory cards faster than you can blink. It is a wonderful place to visit and shoot (and eat :lmao:)

I second mishele's vote ... take me with you :)

Most reactions

Back