Gone Fish'n (15 years later)

bkristopher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bkristopher.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went fishing for the first time in about 15 years. Shot this morning. Realize the sky has blowout issues but thought I would post for comment anyway.

OtherworldlySummer_KB.jpg

Amazing shot. Good composition. Reflection is bad ass.

I thought I'd drop the exposure a lil bit and bring out the colors. Took less than a min, but it's just a suggestion.

5.jpg

very nice. :thumbup:

i love reflections! always a worth subject.

Cloud tonal values look a bit burned out to me. Lovely scene though, and nice reflections and ripples on the lake's surface...

Did you catch any fish?

very beautiful shot and I even like the blown out clouds a little it makes it seem to pop with the rest of the shot

I think the picture is great... I like IceEater's edit, I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. I think the blown out clouds actually add to the picture.

Personally I don't think the center weight composition helps this image. More lake, less sky would have been fine.

Right now I just don't know where to go with my eyes. I think the colors are very pretty but I find myself wandering around the scene with little direction. I do not mind the clouds but I do love the reflections in the lake.

The colors are very saturated and appealing, but the sky itself seems over saturated just very slightly (literally talking about bringing the sky down maybe -5 saturation.)

Dropping the exposure of the sky and raising the rest would be very helpful to making this an outstanding image. I really do like it a lot, part of why I'd love to see a revisit completely nailing it.

I don't like the crop I did but it was destructive so I can't fix it quick -_- this is just what I meant, I feel I failed to explain it well so maybe I can show you instead!

otherworldlysummerkbass.jpg

Most reactions

Back