Gone Kayaking (6 photos)

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are 6 photos I took this weekend in a photography "Action" course. I was rather happy how these photos came out, especially as it was downpouring, so every 5 seconds I was wiping the lens, and trying to keep water off my camera. (A towel over the lens and a ziploc bag tied to the body with an elastic works wonders), as well as the fact that this was my first shot at action (Pun not initially intended). I haven't had time to go through all the RAW files, and I think the camera did a fair job converting the JPEG's, so when I have time, I will go through each individually but here are the results.

Tell me what you think. There are more kayaking photos I took at www.flickr.com/photos/britstaddon

42207663_44f4239072.jpg

42207602_430a085104.jpg

42207565_5e8da19884.jpg

42207535_897e0d9386.jpg

42207530_c53d57e2de.jpg

42207441_0447d547d8.jpg

#3 and #4 are my favorites. Great pictures. :thumbup:

nice shots..i love their face expresions and thats real kayaking..

As a Kayaker myself (yeah, I do Class V water most of the year), I really like these photos. I especially like #'s 2 and 3. Great white water and the look of guys who have seen a few rivers.

Really nice!!

>Click!< on to your flickr account >>>>>>>>>

Thanks for your replies everyone!

great shots! dosen't look like you had a lot of light, but you have such great sharpness... how did you do it!!

I didn't put my flash on, (Mostly because the rain was killing it, and if the flash went off, pictures would have white dots from the rain all over the picture), so I bumped up my ISO to 400, and pushed the speed to 1/250 on most of them. The challenge was to catch 'action' by blurring, so several of the ones on the site are only 1/30, but I think I prefer the sharpness in most of them. In general, I just got lucky.

EVPohovich: I was hoping no one would know to much about kayaking, because for all I know, I may be 'embarassing' the kayakers by posting bad shots of them if they had a bad 'stroke' or something along those lines :lol: (Obviously I know nothing about kayaking). But if you ask me, these guys were amazing, I was in awe of what they were doing.

Once again. Thank you

yeah how did you do that?! were you on the land and using tripod while taking?

an old avatar of mine from another forum:

3.gif

might help you guys understand why I love #2 so much..... :mrgreen:

Once again. thank you so much for the replies. THey are all so much apprecited and EVPohovich, you are involved in such a great sport though I know myself I could never do it

yeah how did you do that?! were you on the land and using tripod while taking?

I was sitting on some large boulders right on the shore, which were slightly 'above' the rapids. All of these were hand-held as setting up the tripod would have probably been useless with the layout and the wet rocks in the area. Would have been slightly depressing to see my tripod and camera go floating down stream :lol: .

Thanks! I hope to take more sport action photographs soon.

Most reactions

Back