good compostion?

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
what do you guy's think of the composition of these? i actually took them around 6 months ago, but i've always liked them for the most part.

i did a little cropping on the first one to get rid of unwanted beach sand, but i kept it as true to the original aspect ratio as i could.

3007235716_2c1d124d56.jpg

2496830972_345a8e5840.jpg

Yup, it's a simple composition. And it works. Just my 2 cents: the second photo is far more interesting to look at. The more prominent rocks, the large rolling wave, the brighter colours. It's all much better than the first photo.

Good stuff, man.

Yup, it's a simple composition. And it works. Just my 2 cents: the second photo is far more interesting to look at. The more prominent rocks, the large rolling wave, the brighter colours. It's all much better than the first photo.

Good stuff, man.

thanks :wink: i was hoping to get some positive feedback. and i agree, i like the second one much more but i just wanted to post both of them

Love it! Just curious, what time of day was this? And how long was your exposure?

The composition looks great. I think I may actually prefer the first photo. My eyes get drawn more towards all of the great leading lines, rather than getting distracted by the water like they do in the second photo. However, I love the rocks in the second photo and the more I look at it the more they become my favorite part of both photos.

the exposure was .7 seconds (i don't know what the fraction of that equates to). and this was between 6 and 7pm i'd have to say. also, i used a graduated 2 stop ND filter to help balance the sky

Most reactions

New Topics

Back