Good CS5 tutorials?

who said you had to buy the lynda.com tutorials? you can find them pretty much anywhere on the web for free. like any other stuff.

Yep, and there are all sorts of copyrighted photographs all over the internet that you can take for free as well. After all, the originators don't deserve compensation, right?

Last edited:
Check out my youtube channel. I have some retouching tutorials.

youtube.com/cameronrad1

who said you had to buy the lynda.com tutorials? you can find them pretty much anywhere on the web for free. like any other stuff.

Yep, and there are all sorts of copyrighted photographs all over the internet that you can take for free as well. After all, the originators don't deserve compensation, right?

I Strongly believe in internet freedom. We wont start on internet usage rights and what to do and what not.
And yes i can download any image on the web and use it has a desktop background without anyone getting money for it. as long i am not using it for profit, right?

There is a line between downloading software and using it at home for your own private needs and reselling it, making profit or and distributing it all over the place. Of course this is a matter of opinions.

Last edited:

I Strongly believe in internet freedom. We wont start on internet usage rights and what to do and what not.
And yes i can download any image on the web and use it has a desktop background without anyone getting money for it. as long i am not using it for profit, right?
Sounds like a cop-out to try to justify theft to me.

No, that's not right.

Not using stolen intellectual property for profit doesn't disqualify anyone from being guilty of copyright infringement.

Internet freedom doesn't include the theft of intellectual property.

There is a line between downloading software and using it at home for your own private needs and reselling it, making profit or and distributing it all over the place. Of course this is a matter of opinions.

Maybe there's a line, but it's not the one you think it is. If you're circumventing license fees, it's theft, no matter how you use it. It's a matter of law, not opinion. Try reading the EULA sometime (you know, the dialog box where you always just click "agree").

Maybe there's a line, but it's not the one you think it is. If you're circumventing license fees, it's theft, no matter how you use it. It's a matter of law, not opinion. Try reading the EULA sometime (you know, the dialog box where you always just click "agree").

LOL.

Just a little story for you guys
Ive had a burned music cd of a well known band signed by the whole gang last year. They loled for like 10 min and signed the copy.

So YOU are the guy that actually reads the EULAs? I figured there might be one person, glad to meet ya!

LOL.

Ive had a burned music cd of a well known band signed by the whole gang last year. They loled for like 10 min and signed the copy.
You should take a pirated copy of Photoshop on a homemade DVD to Adobe and get the production team to sign it while LOL'ing. That would be epic! Be sure to video it and put in on YouTube!

LOL.

You should take a pirated copy of Photoshop on a homemade DVD to Adobe and get the production team to sign it while LOL'ing. That would be epic! Be sure to video it and put in on YouTube!

LOL, if most the production team members didnt had the employee rebate on the product they created, I dont think they would drop 1000$ on a legal copy.

Did you ever worked at Adobe? i did.

LOL.

LOL, if most the production team members didnt had the employee rebate on the product they created, I dont think they would drop 1000$ on a legal copy.

Did you ever worked at Adobe? i did.
No, I never worked there, but I have been buying legitimate, licensed copies of their products for a lot of years, as with all the software I use.

Not only am I against pirating from the standpoint that I wouldn't want my intellectual property copied and used without my express permisson (sort of a general golden rule thing - do unto others, etc), but to be honest, I feel like the people who pirate the software I pay for are stealing from me in some way.

Maybe it's just me though.

It's not just you, Buckster.

Advocating the theft of intellectual property you don't own, can also get you banned from forums.

No, I never worked there, but I have been buying legitimate, licensed copies of their products for a lot of years, as with all the software I use.

Not only am I against pirating from the standpoint that I wouldn't want my intellectual property copied and used without my express permisson (sort of a general golden rule thing - do unto others, etc), but to be honest, I feel like the people who pirate the software I pay for are stealing from me in some way.

+1:mrgreen:

It's not just you

I Strongly believe in internet freedom.

So you've not yet realised that the internet isn't free.
It costs to host - it costs to view (I know this I get a nice little letter each month reminding me of that fact ;)).

Just because its "easy" to steal and because most times you won't get caught does not make it right in any sense of the word. Furthermore the more you steal and advocate the theft of digital media the more you encourage the downturn of those people who rely on their music; photos; programs etc.. to give them an income.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back