Good deal on Nikon lenses?

Stanger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just picked up a Nikon D50 with the 18-55 kit lens. I would like some other lenses to play with but don't want to spend much(I know, whats new). I ran across these on my local Clist. Would this be a good deal for some starter lenses? I've been reading good things about 50mm 1.8 on this forum but I can't find as much about the others.

Nikon AF Nikkor 50 MM 1:1.8
Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300MM 1:4-5.6 G
Sigma 100-300 mm D
used on my Nikon D70, digital SLR. these are AF, not AF-S, depending on your camera. all in good shape.
$100 for the set
1361g61483n03kd3oc8boe74af9f3a7651450.jpg

That seems like a good deal. It not being AF-S lenses is what is keeping that cost down.

That seems like a good deal. It not being AF-S lenses is what is keeping that cost down.

Which means it will auto-focus on everything but a D40, correct?

I contacted the seller about some condition specifics. She says she thinks she has a buyer, so I guess I won't be getting these.

id throw another $50 at that set...assuming condition was good

That's a great deal. The 50/1.8 is worth $100 new by itself (more if it's the AF-D model). The 70-300G is about $150 new. Not sure about the Sigma, but $100 would be a good deal for just the first two lenses alone. As long as they're in good shape, go for it.

Plain old AF lenses will AF and meter on a D50 no problem.

I was too late. The lady said they were already sold. I sent the email as soon as I saw them, but I guess it was too late.:(

Most reactions

Back