GOOD LIGHTS?

I think I has asked about these exact ones and after getting some feedback here I bit the bullet and my new AlienBee (in martian pink, might I add :wink: ) came in the mail last Friday. I set it up last night and am hoping to figure it all out this weekend. :)

i got martian pink as well. very easy to figure out. i found that if you keep the light output on the strobe set in the middle, dead center, where it kind of "clicks" into place by default, and set your F stop to 10, give or take one, with ISO of 100, you will get great shots! have fun

steve

This image was taken this evening with basically no setup whatsoever. Alien Bee B800 strobe set on Full, white bounce umbrella, wireless remote trigger and a VERY unfamiliar camera: Canon Powershot G5 set for Manual control, f/2.8, 1/1250 shutter, unknown ISO. I only took one test image to ensure everything was working correctly after delivery. With more time to familiarize myself with the strobe, the reflector I'm waiting on and my own camera, I'm sure the results would have been much better.

IMG_0023.jpg

Many thanks to Mom for being a willing model!

A shutter speed of 1/1250 is way to fast. Try 1/125.

Well, can we see a controlled shot? Like maybe 1/125, F3.5, and a low ISO?

I'm waiting on a shoe adapter for my camera. Unfortunately, the Minolta 5D and 500si do not have PC connections, and the Minolta system uses a proprietary hot shoe, so I have no way of connecting the strobe to my current cameras until the FS-1100 style adapter comes in. I'll post a few more controlled images as soon as I am able.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back