Good tutorial for HDR

HDR is very simple processing on the other hand takes time to do right. HDR is multiple exposures that are fused into one usually -2,0,+2 with as low as ISO you can go and usually on a tripod with and F stop of 8 - 11 taken in RAW. Simple, but, then comes processing and many folks use Photomatix.. This is just adjusting sliders to your liking...once again simple..IF you stop there your really only half way and thats where many people fail IMO. Using programs like photoshop and plug inns like Nik color effex and topaz adjust combined with PS are what really help to bring out the very best in HDR IMO.

Tutorials are all over the net and you tube. Do a search review and continue until you understand.

I have made some for the forum if you search you will find them also I have some on youtube search and wala.....

Good luck and have fun...

Here I thought I would help you a bit and point you in the right direction...here are few I did

I have many methods of processing HDR and here is one method I use..Simple and gets great results!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-hdr-tutorial-realistic-not-so-realistic.html

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
There are some good tutorials on some HDR photography twitter pages if you are on there. If not, I think there maybe some on Digital Photography School

Andy

Tecboy,

I suggested the digital photography school website here in my late post - they may have some HDR photography tutorials. If not, I know that there is quite an extensive tutorial on photocamel.com so that could help you.

What might make it easier though is a Lightroom plug-in called HDRinstant , (if you've got lightroom that is). You can create HDR images from video clips or in burst mode without a tripod (pretty neat) as long as there is not too much movement in the scene.

Hope that helps,

Andy

Tecboy - any luck?

HDR is very simple processing on the other hand takes time to do right. HDR is multiple exposures that are fused into one usually -2,0,+2 with as low as ISO you can go and usually on a tripod with and F stop of 8 - 11 taken in RAW. Simple, but, then comes processing and many folks use Photomatix.. This is just adjusting sliders to your liking...once again simple..IF you stop there your really only half way and thats where many people fail IMO. Using programs like photoshop and plug inns like Nik color effex and topaz adjust combined with PS are what really help to bring out the very best in HDR IMO.

Tutorials are all over the net and you tube. Do a search review and continue until you understand.

I have made some for the forum if you search you will find them also I have some on youtube search and wala.....

Good luck and have fun...

Here I thought I would help you a bit and point you in the right direction...here are few I did

I have many methods of processing HDR and here is one method I use..Simple and gets great results!

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-hdr-tutorial-realistic-not-so-realistic.html

Cheers

That was a nice one! HDR can be simple to do but hard to improve!

Last edited by a moderator:
Take a look at Trey Ratcliff's tutorial over at www.stuckincustoms.com I personally liked it.

This is a good basic tutorial. This is what I learned from at first. Personally I use photomatix to merge the jpegs to make the hdr. I typically will shoot five exposures -2, -1, 0 +1, +2. ou dont have to use all of these but its good to have all five depending on what sort of look you want. But always remember that good HDR comes from a good initial exposure. You still want to shoot at optimal times with the best light for the best results.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back