Goose!

KillerChaos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is one of my first attempts at shooting a Goose, surprisingly it came right up to me. Feedback welcome n appreciated

DSCF0834-1.jpg

bump.. i see noone ever appreciates my photos since i hardly ever get replies so i dont know why i even bother :(

Well I think that is harsh that ' no one ever appreciates' - unfortunately I don't have the time to comment on all of the threads I look at - primarily because I would have to drop out of school and somehow get paid for commenting ;)

Anyways, The textures of the water and the reflection of the Canadian goose work very well as an appealing subject to the eye. One thing I think this image could use is a slight nudge in the contrast department. Perhaps with levels, curves, or the contrast tool, just upping it and bit to bring some more punch to the varying tones, in addition to the colour in teh water would be great :)

Keep sharing. :)

..meh i'm just really depressed right now. Thanks for the tips and reply though :)

I think we all kind of get into those 'photographic lumps' sometimes. Eventually you get enough 'hard knocks' (I honestly can't say that any of these are on purpse) that eventually it isn't what others say and praise that counts - as much as it is your own opinion.

When I first joined flickr, it was practically this gigantic race to see how many times I could make explore, or comments or favourites, now, I don't care. Those are always a nice cherry on top, but when you can appreciate your own work, that is what matters. I think we have all had that moment when we open an image and our heart skips a beat - and when posted or shown, a mediocre response in return. That doesn't make it any less important - perhaps it just means that it doesn't appeal quite as much to those who don't know the importance behind the image.

Just something to think about :)

Okay, so I had 2 min to edit.

First I used curves to do the greatest contrast shift. Second was using the burn tool to quickly bring out some of the shadows from the water a tad bit more. A very quick brush at low opacity of the sponge (saturation) tool on the water. Third was bringing out some more of the catchlight in the goose's eye. Lastly was just sharpening.

TPF1.jpg

I agree with Peanuts--Don't stop posting, and I hope that lack of comments isn't too discouraging for you! There are so many threads on here that sometimes they are scooted right out of the newest posts.

About this picture...I looked at some of your other pictures and I have to say I can tell you're working :) I'm a total beginner, so I'm not an authority, but this picture and the portrait of your cousin (I think it was your cousin, she was a cute little girl), are the best I saw of yours IMHO. You found a definite subject, you took some thought to compose it...and it shows. I agree with Peanuts that it could use a nudge in the contrast...I think I might also like it in black and white.

Please don't be discouraged...I hope this helps :sillysmi:

Thanks, its not so much i'm depressed about not getting very many replies, its mostly other personal things, but yea, i know what you mean. Thanks again for the advice. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back