Got lucky yesterday! Get your minds out of the gutter!

yioties

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, I got off work early yesterday and as I was going to my in-laws I heard 2 crows and turned my head and saw this guy chilling! Then while walking with my daughter I saw this guy too!

$DSC_32752.jpg
$DSC_3222.jpg
$DSC_3250.jpg
$DSC_3254.jpg
$DSC_3290.jpg
$DSC_32992.jpg
$DSC_3298.jpg

By fluke I had my camera with me.

I have never seen a hawk here in Toronto. I have been living here 7 years now.

The funny thing is I was considering selling my 70-300vr but after this I think I'm going to keep it.

Nice! And way to take advantage of unexpected opportunity.

Nicely done. Gorgeous subject and showing good details. Nice shot on the duck as well.

All the best and good going.

Danny.

Thanks guys and finally I put the 70-300vr to good use. Does anyone know what type of hawk that is?

I thought this image was cool because he is checking me out!

$hawk.jpg

I am almost certain you've got yourself a juvenile broad-winged hawk there, my friend. Good catch!

You've never seen a red-tailed hawk in Toronto? Keep your eyes peeled on the verges of the 401 or QEW, they LOVE to hunt for mice and rabbits along the roadside.

It's hawk/eagle/turkey vulture migration time right now - if you want to see plenty of raptors (and get really really frustrated at having only 300mm to work with, LOL), come on down the road to Hamilton and watch them come up over the escarpment. It's fantastic (shh.. I found a great spot, with nobody else there).

I don't get out much my man but i will have to check out the hawks in steel town!

Crows are always a sign that there is a really cool bird in the area, crows hate the really cool birds :(

Nice shots :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back