Got me a Polarizer filter!

Now thats an idea! To walk around with the polarizer up to my eye to see what is effected! I will try that! I will try these ideas!

Ok my friend, here are some pictures of my camera and how the polarizer is mounted to the lens.

MyCamera2.jpg

Mycamera.jpg

Now here is a close up. The very front part where you see the word Promaster running off the screen is the UV. The ring that says Promaster Digital is the front most part of the Polarizer. The part that twists. The rigid part behind that is the back most part which screws into the lens itself.

UVPolarizer.jpg

Polarizer and UV filters

UVPolarizer2.jpg

Now you can get a better look.

Polarizer.jpg

Cool! Yes! Get one! Im sure you'll be glad you did! I am noticing some differences in how my images are coming out. I need to stop but I am using these lenses almost for everything. I just love the contrast and saturating the polarizer provides! I used it my peppers if you look at my Peppers thread. It looks so much richer and I didn't even do much photo processing. Just sharpened a little.

Why would you want to use a polarizer and a UV? The PL effectively knocks out UV, and provides protection for your lens (which is the only thing I ever used a UV for, personally)...

I would normally remove the UV to attach the CPL filter ... especially for wide angle lenses as you do not want vignetting to occur because of the filter stacking.

(actually I do not use UV filters)

I have no idea. The main reason is my lens cap does not fit on my polarizer but fits on my UV and I want my UV to protect my polarizer. If not that, just the lens itself. So far my pictures seem to be coming out great using both. I may look deeper into it and do a study. I looked something up last night showing just a regular shot taken. Forgot what camera it was. Then they showed a shot with just UV... then a shot with the polarizer... then a shot with both and that shot looked the best. It was not necessarily a Promaster polarizer and UV on a Canon XSi, but it was both lenses stacked. I feel I am getting really good results. Thanks for the tips though! I will look deeper into it.

-Christopher

Just watch when you are shooting at the widest angle to make sure your not cutting the corners off in your photos.

I will. Thanks for the tips! A friend of mine is teaching a photography class here in Indy. Not sure if I am going to take it now or take it later. I would rather wait to see if there is a summer class here. For me it's going to have to be a weekend class, but I really want to and need to take one!

i listen to a bunch, mosty hard rock/metal. Just asking cause if that's you in your avatar, you look exactly like the vocalists in one of my favorite bands. Howard Jones of Killswitch Engage

WHOA! KsE Was playing on my iTunes when I read this, Weird! "The Element of one" was playing, but that was actually when Jesse was their vocalist. I've Been listening to KsE since '02 when Alive Or Just Breathing Came out. By FAR one of my favorite albums of all time!

Most reactions

Back